Chapter 14

A/N: I just realized that it has been one month since I published this book🎉🎉🎉! I am mind-blown. Thank you guys for all the love and support!🥰❤🌹

14. When The World Caves In

"I can't even hold your hand,

But I love you with a love

That no one can understand."

- i.e.

....... ....... ...... ....... ...... ...... .......

Days spent at your house were Mikey's favorite: watching you go about your daily life as he pitched in every now and then to help, babysitting your sisters or just having conversations about whether strawberry flavored ice cream was actually good.

Then he would go drop your sisters off at Mitsuya's once your chores were almost done, and then you'd spend the rest of the day flipping through magazines or trying out new hairstyles while taking turns looking after Kisho with your mother whenever she needed.

"Can I confess something?" Your eyes flicked towards the door once Mikey pulled a magazine away from you after showing you a picture of a motorcycle he really liked, saying he would buy it once he had enough money to do so when Toman became big enough.

Leaning in curiously he quickly nodded, knowing the look in your eyes meant that it was something you'd only talk about inside the safe bubble the two of you created with each other.

"You're really committed about your dream to get Toman to the top, right?"

Humming in agreement, he waited as you considered the best way to voice your thoughts.  

"(f/n) has her dreams too, and so does Akihiko," you paused again briefly as he wondered which direction you were trying to take this conversation," But I don't have one, you see. I promised to help (f/n) and Akihiko out whenever needed, and I promised you I'd be there for you every step of the way.

"But when I think about what I want for myself, my mind becomes blank...it's as if I'm going to become a side character in everybody's life, and while everyone is out there exploring their dreams, I'm stuck here taking care of my family. I'm scared I'll never find out who I really am."

The weight of your words made Mikey struggle to find what to say; the possibility of you feeling this way had never crossed his mind as you always looked so confident and sure of yourself and everything you did.

Maybe you and him weren't that different after all.

"Well," Mikey finally said after a while," That's the dumbest thing you've ever said."

His response was so unexpected that you weren't sure how to react, but before you could commit murder he continued.

"You're great at taking care of others, and I think that's just who you are; you don't have to look too deep to find yourself, wifey. Everyone can see how amazing you are and how you're always there for others, you said so yourself just now, so maybe you could start there."

Letting everything he said sink in, the two of you sat there in silence as a small smile crept across your face.

"What are you getting at? I should become a mother and take care of my kids while you run around with Toman?'

"Well," Mikey pondered over the scenario,"If we could ever go that far in the future, I'd gladly take it."

"Mikey!" Your cheeks flushed with heat as you covered your face," We're only fifteen!"