chapter 8

I had finished sorting the library and had found a few books that seemed interesting so I headed back to my room. Only I froze when I heard shouting.
"Let me meet her"
"No she's busy"
"Oh come on Lucas, I want to meet her too"
I quickly made my way to my bedroom. I didn't want to meet whoever was downstairs, I presumed it was Lucas's friends.

I managed to get to my room and decided it would be best to spend today reading. I loved reading and I was sure time would go quick. I got myself comfy and opened the first book.

And just like that an hour had gone.  Before I could start a new chapter, a guy walked in my room. He smiled at me and I shuddered. Why the fuck was a random guy in my room "oh sorry wrong door, thought this was the guest bathroom" he slurred and chuckled to himself.
He was drunk. Drunk guys were never fun. "Oh well I might as well use yours" he said as he walked to my bathroom whilst unbuckling his belt. I felt s panic attack forming, I had to get out of here. I ran downstairs and I heard a girl's voice "your brothers are going to kill you if you drink anymore" her voice was slurred too, making me realize Lucas and his friends were all drunk. Tears whelled up in my eyes and I couldn't stay in this house any longer.
"They won't ever find out, the brat is upstairs so she won't be telling them" he pretty much snapped. I shuddered at his tone, not wanting to stick around I quickly and quietly left. I felt my breath get shorter as the incoming panic attack was starting to become inevitable no matter how hard I tried.
Suddenly I felt dizzy and knew I had to sit down and so I did, trying to catch my breath, trying to stay calm. To stop the tears.

His touch

"Shit. Riley. Please anwser me"

Sebastian
Thankfully the meeting ended early. I was eager to get back to Riley, I knew she would avoid Lucas so she was probably still in the library or her room by now. I didn't like the idea of her being in her room alone all day.

I trusted Lucas to make sure she didn't come to any harm whilst I was gone but as we pulled up the drive way I realized how wrong I was. I should never have trusted him. Riley was sat having a panic attack and I hated seeing her like this. I quickly parked the car and ran to her. Noah followed behind, one look at him and it was obvious how concerned he was.
"Shit, Riley. Please anwser me" I said as I finally stood in front of her.
I reached out to pull her into a hug and she screamed "no. please don't sir. I'll be good. Please anything but that"  I was going to kill her step father, even if I had to break him out of prison.
"What is she talking about" Noah was still unaware she had been abused. It wasn't my story to tell so instead of telling him "it's down to Riley to tell you" he thankfully accepts it, I wouldn't be suprised if he had an idea but was refusing to think like that.
"Riley. Sweetheart. It's me Sebastian. I'm not going to hurt you. You are safe with me" I try and after what seemed like forever she looked at me "s.. Sebastian" she asks and I nod. Not even seconds later, she pretty much jumps into my arms and hugs me. I don't hesitate to hug her back. I don't know how long we spent like that but I didn't care, my sister needed me and I wasn't going to say or do anything. "What happened" Noah finally decided to make his presence known. Riley looked shocked and tried to remove herself from me but I didn't let her. I remembered the conversation this morning, she had thought Noah was going to tell her off for hugging me. Of course if she had struggled against me I would let her go but she quickly relaxed into me. "They were drinking" she whispered and I feel my arms tighten out of protectiveness. I specifically told him no drinking. How dare he. "This guy I presume his friend came into my room" my grip tightened further. I was going to kill them. "Did he hurt you" I ask, thankfully she shakes her head. "He was drunk though, he thought my room was the guest bathroom, he then said he would use mine and when he took his belt off I freaked out" she explained and I felt my anger grow. How dare he. I pushed it away though, Riley didn't need to see that.
"Let's get you inside, Noah will go get us snacks and we can do anything you want" I say and I feel her shake. "Don't leave me" she was now clinging to me and what kind of brother would I be to deny her a simple request. "Ok, wrap your legs around my waist" I say as I lift her up. She does as I say and I reposition her into an easier way of holding her, my hands were wrapped securely around her back, her face was still buried in my shoulder ands her hands wrapped tightly aroun them.
I carried her in. I heard Lucas and his friends talking but I had no time for him now "tell his friends to leave and make sure that he has no alcohol left" I tell Noah who nods "I'll come up after with snacks" and with that he dissapears. I take us upstairs to the chill room, it was basically a smaller version of the living room.
Before I closed the door I heard Noah shout "what the fuck do you think you are doing, how dare you all. You two out" there was a pause and then Noah resumed, probably waiting for Lucas's friends to leave. "How fucking dare you" I decided to ignore the rest as I would be saying the same if not worse later on. Riley had my sole focus and I wasn't going to change it any time soon.