chapter 78

Riley had a good day today so she felt like nothing could ruin her mood. She hasn't made plans with her friends but she was hoping to go out with them after her brother gave her the news.

Noah parked the car, he had picked Riley up from school, Lucas was still at practice but he would go get him later and give him the rules whilst they are away.

"So after this can I go out with my friends" Riley asked.

"I don't know Riley, you better ask Sebastian"

"Why can't you decide" Riley asked finding it a little odd, Noah usually made decisions too.

"Because he's in a bad mood Riley and he will only play the legal guardian card if I say yeah and he doesn't want you out" Noah explained.

"Like this morning" Riley asked.

Worse

Noah couldn't bare to tell her he was worse, after all he didn't want Riley to change her behaviour to suit Sebastian.

If she knew he feared she would revert back to her old self. He couldn't let that happen.

"Let's just go talk with him"

They met Sebastian in the kitchen, he had been making coffee.

"So maybe we should all sit down and talk" Noah suggested.

"What's there to talk about, Riley we are going on a business trip to Florida for a few days and Lucas will be in charge"

Noah didn't like how Sebastian said it straight, he looked over at Riley for a reaction and she had fear in her eyes.

"Why are you going to Florida" she asked.

"Like I said, I have business over there. You don't need to know what because it doesn't concern you"

"Then why tell me"

Noah saw Sebastian getting frustrated so he quickly jumped in. "We wanted to tell you as we know how you feel about that place and we didn't want to just leave you without saying anything"

"It's not because of that visit the social worker did last week is it" Riley asked.

Sebastians eyes darkened at the very mention of the social worker. He was fuming still and his hands automatically went into fists.

Noah was just as pissed, but he hid it. He would go take his anger out on the social worker later. He looked at Riley, ready to reassure her but she looked terrified, he followed her gaze and saw she was looking at Sebastian, or more accurately his fists.

Noah moved so he was now stood in front of Riley, blocking her view, "Riley this has nothing to do with her, Sebastian is just angry because she wanted to take you away from us, don't worry though Sebastian and I put a stop to it. You are staying" Noah explained, he had added that they stopped to it before she could think about the possibility that she still could.

"Okay" Riley had no choice but to agree.

Noah turned to face Sebastian who was still looking angry. "Right, Sebastian is there any coffee left" Noah asked the first normal thing that popped into his head.

He didn't want to ask Sebastian to leave the room as Riley could take that as a reason to fear him, if he was so angry he had to leave the room, Riley would definitely fear him. He would confront Sebastian about this in private.

Sebastian rolled his eyes and was about to walk out but Riley stopped him.

"What is it Riley" he asked.

"Are you okay"

"Of course I am" Sebastian replied looking annoyed.

"Okay, I was also wondering if I can go out with my friends later"