chapter 50

(just realized I'm on chapter 50 and not much progress has been made in this book, I need to get a move on 😂)

"So this is where you work" Riley asked as Noah scanned his id card allowing them access to the building.
"Yeah, there is minimal staff around due to it being Sunday so feel free to have a quick look around" Noah anwsered, the lack of staff meant Riley wouldn't be disturbing anyone from their work. Weekends, especially Sundays they worked with minimum staff, there wasn't a lack of profit either so Sebastian didn't care to much who turned up on Sundays.

"It's so big" Riley commented. She didn't know what to expect. She had no idea who her brothers actually were.

Lucas had been annoyed and told her about Sebastian killing people, she had been scared at first but then she understood, their dad had forced him into it, it wasn't his choice. It however made her wonder what they did for a living, she didn't know what it was but it definitely wasn't this.

At school everyone seemed to respect Lucas, she always thought it was because of his anger issues and how he could snap. She also considered it was because they had been around Sebastian and Noah, both of them were scary when they wanted to be.

She didn't expect them to hold as much power as they actually seemed to.

Obviously she knew they were rich but that didn't exactly have to mean they were powerful.

"This is just the lobby"  Lucas smirked as he saw how shocked Riley was.

"Come on kids" Noah stated as he walked on ahead. Lucas and Riley followed behind.

Lucas snickered"yes mother" he mumbled. Riley smiled at his comment, she had noticed that Noah had many motherly qualities.

"Watch it" Noah muttered however he smiled to himself.

"Do you want to look around Riley" he asked, they had plenty of time.

Riley was unsure if she wanted too. The building was huge from the outside and inside it looked even bigger and much more fancier. She felt like she didn't belong and she worried she would break something.
"Well we can just go to my office" Noah sensed her hesitancy and made a decision that he hoped was ok for her.

They reached Noah's office not long after and again Riley was left speechless.

"Yeah it's pretty impressive, Sebastian's is even bigger but I don't have the keys to his office, I'm sure he would be happy to show you one day" Noah said

Lucas had seen Noah's office plenty of times before so he went and sat on the sofa as he took his phone out.

"Sebastians is more colder though" he added which Noah rolled his eyes. "That's just Sebastian" he reassured Riley.

Riley was looking out over the city whilst Noah searched for the files, Lucas was sat on his phone however he was keeping an eye on Riley at the same time.
"Damn it" Noah suddenly spoke and both Lucas and Riley looked at him. "I can't find the second file" Noah explained. "Print it out again" Lucas suggested. "I need to find it, missing files just cause problems" Noah said. "Don't you keep them in filing cabinets" Riley asked, she was confused how a important file could go missing. "Yeah, I must have misplaced it. We might be here a little longer. Lucas why don't you take Riley on a short tour and get yourselves a drink" Noah offered knowing it was probably boring for them both.