chapter 29

Riley
I knew Sebastian was avoiding me because of this morning, he always had breakfast with us but today he wanted to leave.

Now it was midday, Lucas was at school, Sebastian at work and Noah was most likely in the gym, all three of my brothers took their fitness extremely seriously. I was currently enjoying my time off, but I was also trying to think of a way to show Sebastian it was okay.

After some time I decided to go see Noah, I knew Sebastian had a difficult childhood more than the others but maybe Noah could offer some insight.

I was right, I reached the gym and Noah was in the middle of what seemed like an intense work out.
The gym itself was amazing, it probably had every piece of equipment you could think off.

"Hey Riley, you okay" Noah says coming up to me

"Hey Riley, you okay" Noah says coming up to me. "Yeah I just wanted to ask about Sebastian" I say not really knowing how to approach this. "Oh yeah I noticed there was a little tension at breakfast, what happened" he said. "Nothing we are fine, you know what he's like when he's in a mood" I say not wanting to tell Noah, I also knew Sebastian wouldn't appreciate me telling him. "Ok what did you want to ask" he asks. "Well I know you three had a tough childhood especially Sebastian, and I was wondering how bad it was" I ask, Sebastian never talked about it but his actions spoke. Noah looked me in the eyes and took a deep breath "for Sebastian it was bad, it isn't my story to tell though. I honestly don't know exactly what went on but I do have a rough idea. Sebastian would always grab Lucas and give him to me then lock us in a bedroom, away from dad" he explained and I nodded. Sebastian was definitely still going through some stuff. "He still has little episodes but not as much anymore. You remember when you dropped your plate and he zoned out" Noah paused and I nodded. "Yeah he was zoning out, he won't ever tell us what happened though" Noah told me. "I want to help him" I say not liking how Sebastian felt. "Oh Riles, you already do. You were his first hug in years, I know I keep going on at him for not treating you and Lucas the same but I'm glad he doesn't. You are changing him and for the best" I smile knowing this "he was my first hug too, since I was 8" I whisper. He doesn't reply instead he hugs me which I gladly hug him back. "You must be hungry, let's go get you something to eat" Noah says once we part.

Noah made me two Sandwiches, as we both ate I started to think of Sebastian. I understood a little more after talking with Noah but didn't know how to show him it was okay.

I couldn't think to much because halfway through lunch the front door slammed shut and shouting could be heard, it seemed like German.  "Fuck you and fuck  your meeting next week" then it went quiet. "Why don't you head up to your room Riley" Noah suggested but it wasn't a suggestion. "No" I reply feeling the fear again, I had never disobeyed anyone but I had too. Going to my room would only show Sebastian I was scared of him which I definitely wasn't. "Why" Noah asked clearly in shock. "Because I'm not afraid of Sebastian no matter how much he shouts" I tell him and he smiles. Before he could go find Sebastian, Sebastian walked in. He looked at me, his eyes went to my wrist but he quickly looked away. "Hi Sebastian, you're back early" I say and give him a hug. He doesn't hug back at first but when he does it was only with one arm. "What are you doing" he asked cautiously. I could see he still felt guilty so I turned to Noah "can you give us a few minutes"  he reluctantly nods and leaves.
Sebastian takes a few steps back "I don't want to hurt you" he mutters in explaination. "You had a nightmare Sebastian, my hand startled you. You didn't concioisly beat me up. It's not your fault. You didn't mean it. I don't care how long it's going to take but I'm going to keep telling you it's not your fault until you believe me"

Sebastian

I had unfortunately finished all my days work before lunch as a client dropped out. I wanted to stay as long as possible because i hated knowing I hurt her, I know blocking her out would also hurt her but at least if I'm not around she won't see the monster.

Ok so maybe the selfish part of me missed her but even though she said it was okay this morning I knew it wasn't. I. Grabbed her to tight and I hurt her, hell I shouldn't have even grabbed her.

On my way home the German investors called wanting to set up a meeting. They offered me such a shit deal I got angry. Not a chance was I doing business with them and only recieving 5% profit.

(Small time skip, because it's written in Riley's Pov )

"You had a nightmare Sebastian, my hand startled you. You didn't concioisly beat me up. It's not your fault. You didn't mean it. I don't care how long it's going to take but I'm going to keep telling you it's not your fault until you believe me"

I blinked. Why was she telling me this. It was my fault. It always was.
It was my fault dad hurt me, I disobeyed him
It was my fault Noah had to look after Lucas .
It was my fault Lucas took drugs
It was my fault Riley got hurt.

"I'm sorry Riley, I'm so so sorry"