chapter 21

Riley

I sat on the plane with Sebastian and Noah. Sebastian had tried to make conversation with me but I wanted to be alone so Noah and Sebastian sat talking about a meeting and looking through files.
Florida was hell for me. And in a few short hours I would be back there.

I still didn't understand why the social worker wanted to check if things were okay, she never did when I was with Kevin.
But the part I was dreading was when I had to go back to the place I used to call home.
I knew Sebastian wasn't going to be happy when he saw inside, luckily it was only him and I trusted that if I told him not to, he wouldn't tell anyone.

"We will be landing soon" Sebastian said and I nod not trusting myself to speak. The fear was building and I couldn't stop it.
"She hasn't spoken the entire trip, maybe this isn't a good idea" Noah said, his voice was laced with concern which was suprising.
"Of course this isn't a good idea, it's a terrible idea but it's got to be done" Sebastian didn't seem to happy about this trip either.

I never told them details of my abuse.
Noah knew I had been abused but that's it.
Sebastian on the other hand didn't know details but from my actions I wouldn't be suprised if he had a vague idea.
Lucas didn't know anything.

"When we land we will go the hotel, unpack get some food. This afternoon we will meet with the social worker, Noah the meeting, tommorow morning you can say your goodbyes, in the afternoon we will sort the house out and then fly back in the evening" Sebastian explained to us.
I didn't have anyone to say goodbye to though.
"Ok sounds good" Noah replied.
I nodded in agreement causing them both to look at me with concern. I just knew that I would break down if I spoke.

*Time skip*

Sebastian pov

We arrived at the hotel, thankfully Noahs attitude was less bitchy and more tolerant. We were both concerned about Riley as she hasn't spoken the entire trip.
"Get the keys from the reception" I tell Noah, knowing Riley wouldn't benefit from being alone with Noah. Noah had been way to strict with her recently and I knew that she wouldn't like to be alone with him. Noah rolled his eyes and muttered "because the princess can't be left alone" sarcastically. I glare at him thankfully Riley didn't seem to hear.
Noah is quick to come back with the keys and we head up to our room. Well the penthouse which was only for our use.

I owned this hotel, along with a few others. I used to have to pay for a room when doing business in whatever state or country I was in at the time so I decided to buy some hotels, I have a hotel in each state or country I do business in. It was one of my best ideas, the money I make just from the hotel's alone could last me 10 lifetimes.

"Well this is it" I say to Riley who looked around the room in shock.
"Do you like it" I ask and she nods.
I really wish she would speak to me but I can't force her too. "I'll show you your room. We have 5 rooms here, 2 of which are guest rooms however you can choose one to be yours" I explain and she nods. I pull her to the side, Noah was long gone, probably in his room by now so it was just Riley and I.
"I know this is a difficult weekend for you and I'm here for it all. If you don't want to talk that's ok but please don't keep all those negative thoughts to yourself. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere" I tell her. She doesn't say anything, instead she wraps her arms around me, I waste no time hugging her back. "don't hate me after this weekend" she whispers and I feel my grip tighten "I could never hate you, is that why you won't talk" I ask but she shakes her head. "I..." She doesn't say anything, she just breaks down crying.

"Sebastian, the meeting has been pushed back, I can come see the social worker with you if you want" Noah called as he walked downstairs.
"Shit what happened" he asked once he spotted Riley.
"She just broke down. This weekend is not good for her" I tell him.