Exposed secrets

"Hey... you okay?" I ask as Jeremy and i get out the car to go inside. "I'm fine!" He snaps.

I raise my eyebrows at him with a scoff. "Yeah... you smell fine.... and second I'm just looking out for you."

Jeremy sighs before rubbing his hand over his face. "I'm sorry..." he mutters glancing down.

I furrow my brows placing my hand on his shoulder. " .. what's wrong Jer?" He sits on the porch step and I follow his actions.

"Everything." He shouts. "Everything is wrong... How do you do it?" I look at him with a confused frown. "Do what?" I ask. He turns to me with tears pooling in his eyes. "How did you move on.. you look so happy and you enjoy yourself..  and I... i can't even have one normal day.." he argues.

I didn't even know he was going through all of this. Well i mean of course i knew he was having a hard time coping but I didn't know it was that bad.

I rub his shoulder comfortingly. "Jeremy....  as much as you might hate to hear this I don't think any of us are ever going to move on and that's not even the point.." i start. "I think we have to learn to live with it but still be able to live our lives you know?" I continue and he nods. " but you make it seem so easy it's like it has no effect on you.." he continues. My eyes burn as tears pool in them but I don't say anything I just pull him in a side hug.

He rests his head on my shoulder and we stay like that for a while.

The thing with me and my parents was that I was always close with my dad. My mom and I didn't really get along, she loved Elena, I mean I'm sure she loved me too but in her eyes Elena could do no wrong and I didn't do much to prove her wrong.
------ next Day------

I plop down at my desk where Stefan and Elena are talking in the seats next to me.

Stefan leanes over to me. "hey you ok?" He asks.

"yeah im fine.... Tanner's class tends to have this kind of effect on me." I respond earning a laugh from him.

He gave me this weird, cute smile. A Stefan smile. He gave me a Stefan smile.

Tanner walks into the classroom and immediately starts talking.

He points at me. "Miss Gilbert your sunglasses...." he trails. Again. I actually forgot i was wearing these.

"Sorry..." i mutter removing them from my face.
I wasn't in the mood to argue today.

"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration." He starts.

God just the sound of his voice made me want to throw up.

Everyone was going on about this stupid comit passing but i had a really bad feeling about it and according to Elena so did Bonnie.

What was so great about a rock sailing through the sky anyway?

"Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" Tanner's voice snaps me out of whatever i was thinking about.

I glance around the classroom making sure he wasn't talking about me. I see Stefan and Elena glancing awkwardly around but before Tanner could make another comment the bell rings signaling the end of class and the school day.

------

I walk into the hospital and towards the front desk to ask for Vicki's room number.

"Down the hall third one on the right. But make it quick visiting hours are almost over." The lady who I'm guess is also a nurse tells me and i walk towards the room.