Daddy issues

"You're staring again." Damon announces and I roll my eyes still smiling at him. "Oh come on. Can you blame me though." He lets out a dramatic sigh. "Ah, I am pretty awesome aren't I?" He smirks and I chuckle.

Incase you didn't figure it out I'm laying down with Damon in his bed. No we didn't do anything, I just slept over here.

"How are you doing?" I ask now facing him. Rose's death took a bigger effect on me than I thought was possible and an even bigger one on Damon that no one saw coming.

"I'm fine." He lies and I raise my eyebrows at him. "I'll be fine." He corrects. "How are you?" He questions back. "This isn't about me." I defend getting off of the bed. "I heard you crying last night." He admits and I turn back to him. 

"I'll be fine." I shrug. I turn around and he's just inches away from me. "Are you sure?" He asks. "Yes...I am." I reassure and then kiss him. "I'm gona shower." I tell him and I blush at his smirk. "You mean.. we're gona shower?" He corrects and I let out a yelp as he lifts me off the ground bridal style. I lock my hands around his neck as he carries me to his bathroom.

--- ----

After my really amazing shower I drive home, In fact I now parked in the driveway. I get out the car and walk inside and I see John. "The universe just finds a way to ruin all my days." I comment walking towards where him and Elena are.

"Good day to you too Emmy." He smirks and I narrow my eyes at him. "It's Emily... shouldn't you know." I shoot back and turn to Elena. "Why is he here?" I question. "If you're referring to why he's in town then that's because Stefan called him but  if you mean why he's here right now..." she trails then turns to John. "Why are you here?" She asks. "Coffee?" He offers.

I look at Elena. "You better keep your boyfriend close because he is so dead." I warn. "We're not doing that. We did that last night. No more avoiding. Why are you here?" Elena repeats. Wait so I missed a whole thing last night? Whatever it was so worth it.

"I'm here to protect you. That's all I can say for the moment." He tells us. "It's not a freaking James bond movie, what do you mean it's all you can say?" I chime in. "I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you." He shrugs.

Before either of us can ask anything else Jenna and Ric's voice interupt. They both enter the kitchen but somehow they don't seem to notice John. Are they blind. " Oh God, I'm late." Jenna announces and Ric laughs. "That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times!"

Jenna finally notices John's presence and her smile disappears. She doesn't look mad or anything she just looks confused. "What the hell?"

"Good morning to you, Jenna." John greets and then looks at Ric. "Alaric..."

"It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever" Jenna glances around at Elena and I. "Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in." John informs and I tilt my head at my sister. "Really Lena?"

"I didn't know it was him." She defends and I groan. "Someone please add security cameras to the grocery list." I comment. Honestly forgot that Ric was here until he clears his throat uncomfortably. "You know, I'm uh, probably just gonna take off." He says, he gives Elena and I a what the hell look and then leaves. 

"I'm still confused here." Jenna says bringing our attention back to her. Don't look at me, I'm confused too.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while." He announces. I raise my hands in mock surender. "I've decided I'm moving out."

" Not here, you're not." Jenna replies to John's statement. "Actually, you can't stop me from living here." He smirks. Oh fuck.

This isn't gona end well is it?