Temporarily Dead

"Why didn't you tell me?" Damon argues. So we're at the boarding house, I told about the whole immortal thing. "Because, I don't know, when I found out I didn't know if I could trust you and then when I decided I could you killed Jeremy and everything went downhill."

"So you're saying it's my fault?" He scoffs. "What? I'm not saying anything is your fault."

"Who else knows?" He asks. "Just Stefan and Vicki."

"I need you to trust me." He urges. "I do trust you that's why I'm telling you right now."

"I'm not even sure if it's true or not so whatever." I shrug. He just looks at me not saying anything so I turn to walk out the door and he doesn't stop me so I walk home.

Really wish I had my car right now and I also really wish I told him sooner.

--- ----

I wake up and my stomach and leg are still kinda soar but it's fine. I check my phone to see if there's any messages from Damon and there's nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Whatever it's a new freaking day and I can work all this shit out.

I walk downstairs and go straight to the kitchen and pour myself some coffee. "Well good morning to you too." Jenna greets and honestly I didn't even notice her there. "Sorry, hey."

I turn back to the coffee maker and then back to her. "Wait where are you going?" I question. "I'm going to take Elijah on a tour, he wants to see the historical sites of mystic falls." She explains.

"Can I come with?" I ask and she furrows her eyebrows at me. "You want to come see the historical sites?" She scoffs and I give a fake hurt look. "I like history, may I remind you I have one of the highest marks in history class and it's not because my aunt is sleeping with the teacher." I say and she scoffs slapping my arms.

I actually wana go to make sure Elijah keeps good on his deal.

"I just figured you'd be out with Damon today." She says. My coffee is finally made and I take a sip. "I'm gona ignore the judgment in that statement but we're kind of in an argument."

She raises her eyebrows at me. "Do I need to fight him?" I laugh shaking my head. "No, it's nothing big but it was kinda my fault anyway but we'll work it out."

She nods a little. "Okay, I'm leaving in five minutes so hurry up." She says and I run back upstairs.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." Jenna mentions. We're walking. I'm more in the back supervising and Jenna and Elijah are in front talking. In the spand of five minutes I've grown to not hate Elijah.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families." He says with a sense of mockery in his tone. "Why do you say it like that?" I chime in.

Elijah continues walking slowly still glancing back at me and Jenna looks interested in his answer also. "My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier." Yeah, research ha.

"It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast. um...it was Salem, to be precise."

Damn.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asks. "Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything." He says.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860." I add and Jenna hums in agreement. "Men are very territorial."

"Yes, they are." Elijah agrees and Ric walks up to us. Yeah I did not miss the shade he just threw.

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduces. Apparently, Damon, Ric and Elijah had a little um... misunderstanding yesterday, which mostly means Damon did something stupid.