EPEX

TW: I'm gonna be talking about mental health disorders so if anyone gets triggered, please kindly leave this chapter and don't read it :)

For someone who doesn't know who's EPEX, they are C9's new boy group, consisting of 8 members, who debuted like 2 weeks ago with their album called Bipolar pt. 1 Prelude of Anxiety. C9 is known for having CIX, who debuted in 2019.

I think many people misunderstood EPEX's concept. If you watch their teasers, they're not portraying anxiety as something amazing to experience and using it as an aesthetic. They're not romanticizing mental illnesses and if they were, please correct me.

Mental health disorders shouldn't be stigmatized, instead, I think Epex is just raising awareness because it should be normal to talk about these topics and nobody should be afraid or ashamed of opening up about what they feel or what they think it's going on in their mind. Stigmatizing and discriminating just makes it worse.

The teasers were good to me, the members acted the feeling of having anxiety, fear, depression, and anger issue well. We shouldn't compare and I'm not saying that a person with these issues acts just like they did in the teaser but I could tell they're trying to make people who haven't experienced those, acknowledge that mental illnesses aren't a joke and we shouldn't make fun of a person who lives and suffers from these.

Now, I'm confused about the name of the album. 'Prelude of Anxiety'...an introduction to anxiety? I hope they'll keep talking about it in their future works :)

I don't see anything wrong with their concept.

Concept ≠ Aesthetic