Olivia

"There's a guy in there right now and he's super hot. His brother too, or might be his boyfriend? I don't know but he was gorgeous."

"Lucy come on, don't be crass." I whisper, "What if they can hear you?"

She looks at me wide eyed and slaps her hand over her mouth.

"So what happened to this guy?"

"He said his nephew blasted a firework in his face."

"Or maybe he's just an idiot and used that as a cover."

"Who knows, there's like two other guys in here for firework accidents as well."

"Right, like there is every year." I roll my eyes, "Why can't guys just grow up?"

"I don't know what to tell ya, but the guys in there are sooo good-looking. Don't say I didn't warn ya."

I roll my eyes once again, and grab my tablet and head into the room.

I step into the room and I look down scrolling through the screen, "Alright Mr. Evans, what seems to be the problem?"

"Hey, it's you."

I look up and see a guy sitting on the table. I give him a weird look as I set my tablet down next to the laptop in the room.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"Yeah! Well no, kind of. We bumped into each other at the CVS the other day."

"Oh.."

"I'm Chris."

I look at the name on his chart. Chris Evans. 40.

"I was the guy with the cut on my leg and you told me to have it checked out."

"Oh yes, okay. Yeah I remember," I say as I continue to avoid eye contact. "It's kind of hard to recognize you without the mask and the hat."

"Right, right. Well I had it checked and bandaged so I'm good."

"That's good," I say as I read through his last visits note. He came that Thursday night to the ER.

"So what are we doing for you today."

"Right! Well my nephews and I were playing with some fireworks and the oldest convinced me to let him do one, so as I was telling him to let go he let go too soon and it shot at my face."

I nodded and put on some gloves.

"It really is no big deal but my mom insisted I come in and have it checked out. I don't think it even got into my eye."

"I see.. well I'll take a look at it and hopefully you didn't get any firework powder in your eye."

I get up close to him and observe his eye. I look at the skin around his eye, and his cheek. I grab some alcohol wipes and wipe off a bit of the powder he had on his cheek.

I can feel his breath against my neck and I feel uncomfortable. I avoid looking at his eyes directly, even though he's looking straight at me. He's observing me and I try to keep my breathing steady. He really is attractive. He looks a lot better without the mask and hat. His eyes are bright against his skin and rosy cheeks. His long lashes flutter as I continue to observe his skin.

I take a step back and finally let out the breath I was holding.

"Well it all looks good, it doesn't look like there's any debris in there. I'll prescribe an eye wash for the next three days just in case, but you should be good to go."

"So we're good to go?" asked the other guy in there.

"Yeah you and your boyfriend should be good to go in just a bit, I'm gonna have the nurse get your pharmacy info and then you can head out."

Chris's face turned red and the other guy just laughed.

"It's not like that girl," he continued to laugh," We're not together. He's my brother."

"Oh okay, my mistake. Let me just get the nurse and you'll be set to leave."

I hear them whisper among themselves as I leave and I walk back to the nurses station.

"You were in there for an awfully long time," Lucy smirked.

"Shut up," she laughed as I walked away.

I check on a few more patients before heading back to change and head home. I wasn't usually in on Sundays, but they were a bit short staffed and of course there was a bunch of people in the ER. It's a holiday for crying out loud.

As I walk down the hall to the staff room I hear someone call out my name.

"Liv! Liv! Dr. Tomás!"

I turn around to find Chris running down the hall towards me.

"The patient shouldn't be running."

"Right, sorry. I just wanted to catch you before you left."

"Okay..."

"Yeah I just wanted to see if maybe.. I don't know. Maybe you'd like to go out for coffee sometime?" he rubbed the back of his neck and gave me a smile.

"Oh. Um.. I don't know. I don't think it would be appropriate."

"Oh."

"Yeah, just you're a patient, and I don't know-"

"No yeah that makes sense. It's not like you know me, so I guess yeah.."

"Yeah sorry," I gave him a weak smile.

"Maybe we'll bump into each other again. If we do I'd love to take you out."

"I don't know.."

"Well, okay how about this. If I run into you at least five times outside of the hospital, you consider it then."

"Hm.. well. Okay sure I guess. I'll consider it. Just warning you, I don't go out much."

"That's okay, there's no rush. I can wait."

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah you will," and he gave me a big grin.

I nodded at him and headed into the staff room. As soon as I closed the door I slid down the door and sat on the floor.

"What did I get myself into?"

----------

I'm not meaning to make her chapters shorter, they kind of just write out that way. So hopefully she has more to say later on.

What do y'all think of Olivia? I'm not sure if she's got a bit of an attitude or she's genuinely weirded out by Chris.

IM LATE! i'm sorry! double post this time :)

Beijos