Olivia

"Hey so what are we doing today?" I adjust my phone on my shoulder as I slip on my jeans.

"Well I don't have anything planned so I was thinking we could do a little road trip?"

"Ooh fun, okay I'm down. I'm finishing up getting ready so I should be over in a bit."

"Alright see ya in a bit babe."

I grab a backpack and stash some snacks and an extra sweater. I might get cold later. I always do.

Thankfully Chris only lives 30 minutes away, but with this Boston traffic I got there a few minutes later than expected.

When I get to his place though he wasn't dressed and ready. Rather he was sitting on the couch with Dodger in his plaid pajamas.

"Hey what happened? Did plans change?"

"Yeah... Carly asked if I could watch the kids."

"Oh. Well that's okay. We can stay in."

"Are you sure? I can always tell her to ask Scott."

"Oh god no, it's fine we can watch them."

He grins, "We can watch them," he places his hands on my hips and gives me a smooch.

Chris texts Carly it's okay and in a matter of minutes we hear a knock on the door.

"Did you tell her I was here?" I whisper as we get closer to the door.

"Of course I did. She's excited to meet you. Come on," he gestures to the door, "She won't bite."

He gives me a little wink right before opening the door and being attacked by three little kids.

"Uncle Chris!"

They run around him and hug his legs.

"Let's go find Dodger!" they yell out and run to the living room.

"Hi I'm Carly," she gives me a big smile and pulls me in for a hug.

"Oh! Hi there, Olivia. Nice to meet you," I stare at Chris wide eyed and smile.

"You're much prettier in person," she whispers in my ear.

"Haha, thank you..." I look at my feet as I pull away.

"It's such a pleasure meeting you. I've heard so much about you."

"All good things I hope," I give an awkward chuckle.

"Oh yes! Both my brothers won't stop talking about you."

I feel my cheeks warm up and Chris pulls me in to his side.

"Well she's pretty amazing," Chris laughs.

My cheeks redden and I don't know what to do so I just laugh.

"Well thank you for watching the kids. Ryan and I are gonna go out for our anniversary. And having the day free is really nice. So really, thanks you two."

I give her a shy smile, "Not a problem."

"It's our pleasure. Now go, have a good trip," he shoos her out the door.

"Alright, well we'll be back tomorrow morning," she steps out the door, "Bye kiddos! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye mom!" they yell back from the living room.

Chris shuts the door behind her and sighs.

"Alright let's have some fun," he grins.

---