Olivia

We spent the rest of the night talking. I tell him everything, and this time without having a meltdown.

I tell him about how I arranged my pseudocide, or for a lack of better terms fake death, and how I managed to get away.

I tell him about Katy, little Liv and the farm.

I tell him how painful it was without him, how I thought about going for a swim and never coming back.

I tell him about how I took up riding and how the wind felt, how it kept me alive.

I tell him about how I was at a loss for words whenever I saw his face on TV, on a magazine, or online as I was scrolling.

And he listened. Just like he always had. He listened as I poured my heart out, and finally said everything that was on my mind.

He held my hand and rubbed circles into my palm. He looked into my eyes, reassuring me that everything was gonna be okay. He reminded me that yes I did have a home. That home was with him.

And when I was finally done, and we finished our first cup of tea he told me about him.

He told me how he fixed his moms's porch, and reorganized her garage.

He told me about his boxing lessons, and how he finally listened to Scott and got a new therapist.

He told me about the sad nights he had alone, and how he would trash his house from the anger that I was gone.

He told me about how every time he would go to the park or to the store he would almost cry because something reminded him of me.

He told me about how sometimes he would hear my voice, or he would see me dancing in the kitchen when he couldn't sleep.

He told me how much he loved me and how all he could ever want was right there in front of him.

That warmed my heart. And it felt like time never stopped for us, like we were right where we were supposed to be.

When I woke up this morning on the couch I had some sort of brain fart. I looked around until I realized where I was.

I tried to push myself up when I also then realized I was in Chris' arms. His hair was a mess, his lips were spread apart, and his lashes nearly brushed his cheeks.

I smiled at how cute he looked. He had me tightly wrapped, as if even in his sleep he was scared to loose me.

"Babe," I whisper.

His eyebrows furrow but her hardly stirs.

"Chris, honey."

"Mmm..." he squeezes his eyes shut, obviously still tired from last night.

He opens his eyes, and he looks annoyed as he looks around. His eyes land on me and he breaks into a smile.

"Am I dreaming?"

I lean in and give him a kiss.

"Only if I am too," I giggle.

"Mmm," he tightens his hold on me and kisses my head. "It feels so good to wake up with you in my arms."

"Agreed, I wish we could stay like this forever."

"Then let's stay like this forever," he grins as he pulls me in for a kiss.

"Mm, I would but I really gotta pee."

He laughs, "Alright, alright I'll let you go."

He slowly let's go and I rush to the bathroom.