Olivia

The next few weeks have been weird. At first it was just a few people but eventually the gossip spread like a wild fire.

Apparently someone from work had seen pictures of me with Chris at the premiere and they shared it with someone else and so on and so on. Eventually most of the staff knew I was dating Chris and the amount of friendly stares I got were insane. I'm relatively new to the staff so not a lot of people know me yet. But with this news everyone has been overly nice, trying to be discreet about asking me about him, a few guys even asking me for autographs. Which I politely declined.

We've been together about five months now and I'm still not used to everyone's reactions to us dating. Granted we just made it public not too long ago, but it's still weird. I still haven't even talked to my mom since I broke the news about me dating Chris. At this point I'm sure she's seen the pictures of us together at the premiere, but she hasn't bothered to call.

I miss my mom, but I also don't want her to disrespect my relationship like she has. And I understand their worry, but it's different now. Chris is different. I know I hadn't made the smartest of decisions in the past but... I loved Chris. And he treated me well, took care of me. I'm not worried about our relationship, it's nothing like it was before.

"Hey Olivia we need some help in room 3!" a resident yells as he runs by.

I blink out of my daydream and run after him.

"Heart rate reaching 30!"

"Defibrillation!"

"Let's get Johnson in here, looks like we need a percutaneous coronary intervention," I check his pupils and keep the patient steady.

A few moments later Dr. Johnson, our on call cardiac surgeon runs in, "Alright people let's get them in the OR as soon as possible."

They pull up the sides of the bed and dash off with the patient.

"Oh my goodness," I let out. I rest my hands on my thighs and steady my breathing. "Alright."

I go back to the nurses station and update the patients chart.

"Hey Olivia can I have you check this out?"

A nurse motions over to a bed so I make my way over.

There's a girl in bed, she couldn't be any more than 16, and it looks like she hurt her leg. She's got dirt on her knees and blood is running down her leg.

"Hi there I'm Olivia. So what happened?" I sit down next to the girl and I observe her right leg a bit more.

"I was skateboarding with my boyfriend and I fell. I was trying to do a trick but I obviously couldn't..." she winces as she looks down at her leg.

"Aw that's no fun, well let's get you cleaned up first and then we can take a closer look."

I grab some alcohol wipes and wipe down her legs. I clean up the blood from her wound and gently tap her leg. I can see she's trying not to wince and after looking at it it looks like she may have broken a bone. I try not to startle her so I ask her for her mom's number. Which is when she begs me not to say anything about her boyfriend, I promise not to say anything. I call her mom and advise her to come down to the ER.

"Alright so I called your mom and told her to come down here."

"Did you-"

"I did not tell her anything about your boyfriend. I told her you got hurt at the park and that she should come down here."

She let out a breath of relief.

"Now it looks like you may have broken a bone... But I'm gonna have a specialist come down here to confirm and make sure there isn't anything else wrong. Sound good?"