Olivia

The sun that was peaking through the window was blinding me as I felt my face being licked.

"What th-"

I slowly got up and I looked around to find my door open and a dog sitting at my bedside.

"God I feel like death."

"You look like I death."

I jumped up from the sudden voice.

"Katy... You scared me," I rubbed my eyes.

"Good morning to you too," she laughs.

"Yeah, morning," I groan.

"Do you want some breakfast? I can make you some coffee," she sing songs.

"Coffee sounds great."

My body is sore from the traveling, and considering for how long my body was under I felt weak.

A few minutes later I make my way downstairs and find the kitchen. 

Katy was making waffles, eggs, and bacon.

"I know you probably just want coffee, but considering how long it took you to get here, you probably need some good food."

"Yeah you're probably right, I've had a crazy week."

"I was going to ask, what the hell happened? I had google notify me whenever there was an article on you and some Boston paper said you died. I was confused because I didn't get a call from your parents or anyone."

"I mean yeah... technically I died, but I'm not dead."

"Well what do you mean, that's what I'm asking?"

"Well..." 

So I told her everything. She found out I was dating Chris from some pictures on instagram, and I filled her in on the rest. The fans, the hate, and my plan on "dying". And lastly, how I ended up here.

"Wow... That's..."

"Crazy I know. And I couldn't think of anywhere else to go. So here I am."

"Well I'm- I'm glad you're not dead at least?"

I chuckle, "Gee thanks."

"You know what I mean," she laughs. "So now what? What's your plan?'

"Honestly I didn't think that far ahead. I kind of just left..."

"Do you know how long you plan on staying for? Not that I want you to leave, just-"

"No yeah I get what you mean, umm no, not really. I obviously can't stay forever, but maybe a month or two."

"Oh okay, well you can stay as long as you need, not like I have much company either than Olive and Bailey."

"Bailey?"

"Our dog, you know the Aussie that licked your face this morning?"

"Oh yeah haha, she's cute."

"Yeah she's great, but she doesn't talk much."

I laugh. 

"So what do you do?"

"Well I play with Olive, sometimes I take her to the park, or we go outside and play with the animals."

"Oh that's right, so what do you guys have outside?" I sit up and look through the window.

"We have two cows, three horses, and a bunch of chickens." 

"Oh so you guys really got yourselves a little farm here."

"Yeah," she laughs.

She cooks and cleans as she moves around the kitchen, she looks so natural. Well now that I think of it her house is spotless. It's so beautifully decorated, it almost looks like it belongs in Better Homes and Gardens.

"So what do you want to do today?"

"Umm honestly I don't have much energy, so I think I might just rest today."

"Oh okay, that's okay then. If you need anything just let me know."

"Thanks Katy," I get up, wash my plate and go back upstairs to my room.

The white walls remind me of Chris' house, the white pillows, the white patterned carpet. The only thing that reminds me that I'm not there is the country vibes in here. The destressed black bedside tables. The metal bedframe. And the view of the farm not the big trees I would usually see.

I let out a tired sigh and throw myself on the bed. 

"What did I do?"

---

I spent the rest of the day locked up in the room, eating ice cream and crying to Pretty Woman. It wasn't a sad movie but the thoughts running in my mind didn't help.

When I was too tired of crying I went to sleep. Or tried to at least. I stared at the ceiling hoping I could finally fall asleep.

The memories of the past week cloud my mind and I replay everything over and over again. What was the last thing I said to him? When was the last time he held me? How is he doing? Is he crying? Is he distracting himself? Knowing him he's probably helping everyone else except himself.

I sigh as the fan turns above me. I miss him. A lot. And all I want right now is to be wrapped up in his warm arms. I wish he was holding me, telling me things would get better. But life in Boston? Life never would have gone back to normal for me. Even if we broke up I'd still have the paparazzi following me. I'd still get the hate from the fans. I'd still get the dirty stares in the store. Anyone who was anyone knew who Chris was, I was never going to escape. 

This was the only way. At least that's what I tried to convince myself of.

The following days, weeks looked the same. I would have breakfast with Katy and sometimes Olive too if she was up. I would go back to my room and I would mope, and cry. I would watch romcoms and cry as I devoured a pint of ice cream. And then of course I would wake up with a mad stomach ache. 

Occasionally I would go out for a walk at night, that's if I couldn't fall asleep, which was more often than not. I would look at the stars. I would stare at the pine trees surrounding the area. I would contemplate what life would have been like if I wasn't so scared. 

"Hey Liv? Liv..."

Katy waves her hands in my face trying to get my attention.

"Yeah? Sorry, I-"

"It's all good, I kind of got used to you doing that."

"I was asking you if you wanted to go out for a ride?"

"Like into town?"

"No, on the horses..."

"Oh! Umm sure, that'd be nice. I haven't gone on a ride in ages."

"I think it might do you some good."

I hum in agreement.

"Let's clean up and go out before little Olive gets up."

----------

A bit of a filler chapter but thought I'd give y'all a little treat for getting the story to 2k!

Aaand also she's a mess lets face it. She needs to talk to her therapist. But he probably thinks she's dead too... Idk.

Beijos