Chris

To say I was bored out of my mind was the understatement of the year. Well maybe not of the year, but I was sure as heck bored. Dodger has been lounging all day and has not wanted to play, as much as I tried to get him to get up he would just not budge. 

I didn't have any lessons today. I already took a run early this morning, and I had no work for this whole week. For most people they'd think that's great. But work has been light these past few months and I wanted to do something. 

I even asked Carly if I could babysit the kids for the day, but she said they had school. Of course, it was still Friday.

I didn't even bother asking Scott, he flew back to his place in LA. So I had nothing to do.

I decide on having a movie marathon. I was debating between Star Wars and James Bond and went with James Bond. The first movie was great, and so was the second one, but I couldn't keep watching. My mind was too active. I couldn't stop thinking. So I called Scarlett.

"I'm on my way," she replied when I called.

So two hours later I met up with Scar for coffee. I gave her a big hug and let out a breath. 

"Thank you so much for meeting up with me."

"Yeah Chris, you know I'll always be there for you."

"I know, thank you for that," we take a seat near the back and I pull my hat down, "So how's Colin doing?"

"He's great. Our one year anniversary is coming up, and he's amazing with Rose."

"I'm glad they get along well, she's too precious not to love though."

She laughs, "Rosie is my favorite too."

"So what's going on? It sounded pretty urgent on the phone," she furrows her brow as she takes a sip of her coffee.

I set my tea down, "I've just been loosing my mind today, and I need to get out of the house."

"You called me because you were bored?"

I laugh," No! Well I mean I was bored, but it wasn't because of that. I just-"

She lifts an eyebrow at me and cocks her head to the side.

"Okay, look, remember the girl we ran into at the restaurant in LA?"

"Yeah.."

"I like her. Like a lot, and she doesn't know who I am. She doesn't want to go out with me, and wow I sound like a loser."

She laughs, "So your point is?"

"Hey! Okay give me second," I think about how I want to say this, "I asked her out and she said no. But I asked that if I ran into her at least five times outside of work if she would then consider going out with me. She wasn't sure but she agreed to that."

She gives me a nod to show she's following along, "Now I've run into her four times now and-"

"Hey that's good!"

"Right well yeah technically that's good, but the last time I saw her she was with a guy crying on a bench in the park." 

"Ohh.."

"Yeah exactly."

"So what are you going to do about it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you going to look for her? Have you tried looking for her?"

"No.." I let out a sigh, "I just didn't want to get in between her and whatever she was going through with the guy."