Chris

"She was pretty."

Scott is driving me back to my place. Although she said it wasn't infected or anything like that Scott thought it'd be best to take me back home.

"I know," I let out a groan.

"So you asked the pretty doctor out and she said no."

"Yeah. She said no basically."

"Basically?"

"Well I asked her out for coffee or something and she said no. I asked her if we bumped into each other a few more times then if she'd consider going out with me."

"She said she'd consider it then, but that she hardly goes out."

"Hmm well think of it this way. You said you met her three days ago and you've already seen her twice.. So I think you've got a good chance."

"Thanks," I mumble, "I did have to get hurt each time to see her though. I don't know if I want to get hurt every time."

"Small price to pay for love."

"Scott," I groan again.

"Hey you can either be a 40 year old virgin, or you can try and give this a go."

"Scott I'm not a virgin."

"I know, but you act like one sometimes."

I roll my eyes as he laughs at me.

"I'm really hoping to bump into her soon. I know she didn't seem like the most friendly, but I may or may not have come through as a bit creepy? I don't know.. but regardless, she seems like she's so cool. And she's so smart. Like I- I don't know. She just feels different, you know?"

"Right," Scott deadpans.

"No really, like I know there's the whole "she's different, she's not like other girls". But she actually is. Like the way she carries herself, how she talks. Like I can tell she's got a lot of soul to her. Like even when she's giving snarky remarks, she gives me such good energy? Okay now I really do sound crazy."

"Yeah you do." Scott sighs, "Look, just- If you bump into her just be nice, be yourself. And if she's a good fit for you, it'll work out. She'll see you're a genuine guy, that you're caring, and then she won't need any convincing. She'll come to you."

"You're right, yeah. I just need to be patient. I'm overthinking it before anything even starts."

"Just take it easy man, if it's meant to be it'll happen."

"Yeah.."

---

It's only been three weeks but I haven't bumped into her. I even went to the hospital at one point to see if she was there. She was not. She had the day off.

I took Dodger to the park more, which he had no problem with, but I still haven't seen her.

I have to finish a few more scenes for the movie I'm in, but I really don't want to leave Boston. The Prague scenes finished right before Fourth of July, but they wanted to wrap up with a few last ones in Long Beach. I didn't really have a choice other than going. But I hope for being gone I don't miss the chance of seeing her.

I've probably talked to her a total of 10 minutes, but every thought and thing I've done afterwards are filled with her. Does she like football? Does she have any family? How old is she? What kind of jokes would make her laugh? Does she have any pets? Would she like Dodger?

Endless thoughts, and she's in all of them.

I pack up my suitcase and some things of Dodger. I'm gonna have to drop off Dodger at Scott's since he's still in town.

"Hey Scott," I pick up the call coming through.

"Hey, so are you coming over, or just dropping off Dodger?"

"I'm just dropping him off and heading straight to the airport. Why?"

"Oh no reason, I was just gonna order Chinese and I wondered if you were gonna stay so I could order for you."

"Oh nah thanks, I have to be ready to shoot tomorrow morning and I'd like to get in as much shut eye as I can."

"No yeah that makes sense alright, well see ya in a bit."

"Alright yeah, bye."

Scott doesn't live too far away so I make it in time to drop Dodger off and head to the airport. The flight to LA is comfortable. Well as comfortable as not sleeping on a 6 hour flight overnight. Thank goodness I decided to fly in a day early so I can sleep at home before we start tomorrow.

Checking out was pretty uneventful, no one recognized me. Usually when I fly in to LA the paps are already here and fans know when I arrive. I head to baggage claim and wait for my bag to show up.

I leave my sunglasses on inside as I observe the few people waiting as well.

That's until I see a familiar brunette.

"Liv?"

Her head snaps towards me and stares at me a bit shocked. Her hazel eyes look me up and down as to try to figure out who I am.

"Uhh.. Chris?"

"Yeah!" I laugh, "Funny seeing you here, what are you doing in LA?"

"Uhh I came to see some friends. I haven't had a break from work in nearly a year so thought it'd be a good time to get away."

"I see. Well that's nice you got some time off."

She nods and doesn't really say much. She looks awkward.. Like she wants to get away?

"You know, I'm not trying to sound cheesy here, but what are the odds we'd be here at the same time on the other side of the country?" she doesn't give me much of a reaction, she just nods her head again.

"It almost seems like fate."

She lets out a small chuckle, "I don't know about that, but it sure is one heck of a coincidence."

It's my turn to laugh because it seems like she doesn't get likelihood of this actually happening.

"I guess.." she still looks a bit awkward. And I want to ask her if it's because of me, but I also don't want to make things about me, so I decide to just keep it light. I don't want to scare her away.

"How long are you in town for?"

"Just a week."

"Nice, nice. Yeah me too. I have some work to do here and I wanted to rest up before starting this week."

The conveyor belt starts moving and she reaches out for her bag.

"Well.. it was nice running into you I guess."

"Yeah! Always a pleasure Liv."

She nodded, gave me a weak smile and waved as she walked away.

----------

Do y'all believe in fate? I don't really, but these two almost make me believe.

Double post!! Hopefully y'all like the story so far

Beijos