15. Sadie

_______________________

_________________________

!!! TRIGGER WARNING !!!
(Animal Abuse)

It made absolutely no sense to you. Why would a man, who according to Jungkook was such charismatic and filled with positive energy intend to kill someone ? Thinking of it took you back to the first time you took someone's life.

You remember your trembling hands soaked in blood, your senses blanked out, your mind getting all blurry, that immense pain you felt in your chest and your sense of humanity tearing you apart. Even if you were aware that killing of that particular bastard will only made the world a better place and save numerous young girls from abuse but still you couldn't make yourself do it. Not until he hovered over Jimin to stab him, you smashed the copper vase on his skull. He fell, his face twitched and slowly he was sinking in his own blood. With live leaving that man's body, you stepped into this dark world of crime, holding Jimin's hand. It was gore, filthy and reeked of cold blood but it was better than the hell you have been surviving in earlier.

Life of a gang member wasn't easy, killing wasn't easy. It took days of practice and a hell lot of Yoongi's patience to make you the finest assassin. Pouring bullets into human flesh took an impeccable amount of guts and dreadful cold-bloodedness, knowing your own battle to attain that strength, you were still in oblivion about how could this Taehyung guy kill just like that.

Reconsidering Jungkook's vulnerability, you held back on your inquisitive nature and let him unwind to you at his own comfortable pace. Who at present looked completely zoned out.

" Do you still have my phone ? " he looked at you with a puddle of tears in his eyes and even though it would be extremely risky to turn on the device in that location, how could you possibly say no to Jungkook ?

You flung it out from the back pocket of your jeans and handed it over to him, completely unaware what he was about to do. Even though the idea of 'what if he makes a call' screened in your head for once, you had this unreasonable trust on Jungkook which he always managed to keep. You handed it over to him and sheepishly he said,

" I want to show you something."

He searched through his gallery for a minute and then flipped the screen towards you,

" That's Sadie. " Jungkook informed with a small smile at the corner of his lips.

You saw a fur-ball waving it's tail joyously and licking all of younger Jungkook's face, eventually making him fall back laughing. The cuteness that little video held even melted your rock heart into two. You huffed in pure admiration and held his phone with both of your hands, replaying the video again and again.

" Such a happy puppy, why name her Sadie ?" you asked half mindedly, still glaring at the white furred joy and the happy smile of Jungkook with her, which seemed long lost.

" Taehyung named her. Sadie, who takes away all of Kook's sadness, he would say. " a strange sigh left his lips after saying that, a mixture of pain and disgust.

" I guess he never meant what he said." his voice sparingly hoarse.

A cold chilling wave passes over your body and then you started connecting the lose ends. Did Taehyung kill.. ? No no no. That was barbaric. You can't even make yourself think of that. Even with the blood of humanified pests in your hands, being the coldblooded sinner and the evil you were, you can't make yourself think of any situation when even you can actually shoot an innocent four pawed ball of happiness. Your throat started getting dry at the thought of the ruthlessness of the act and its high probability of being true when the last nail in the coffin was hammered by a silent tear that made its way from the corner of Jungkook's eye and ran up to his chin.

" But why ? " a screeching scream left your mouth.

" A question I have asked myself a million of times, or may be more." Jungkook hung his head low, shedding silent tears in the memories of good times and the complete turn of events since then.
You snake an arm around his neck and pull him towards you, letting him rest on your shoulder as you kiss the top of his head. Never in your life you have been this person you are with Jungkook. You tend to take care of him , comfort him when he needs it and that happens so naturally that you amazes yourself.

" We found Sadie in an abandoned rake by the old train station when Taehyung and I went for crying along the riverbank.
She was a little baby back then, her white coat vexed with dirt and worms clamming on her skin at several places. I felt bad for her, wanted to take care of her but at the back of my mind the fear of being grounded by my parents for showing the 'middle class behavior' of bringing home a stray dog haunted me.
But Taehyung was too adamant. He loved dogs more than anything else and he insisted that if we bring back that puppy home. That poor thing needed to be taken care of and if we didn't bath and deworm her, she might actually die. So we decided to bring her with us and Taehyung insisted that I must blame it all on him. As my father didn't even consider as a part of our family, it won't effect him much.

 I did that.

Taehyung was slapped by my father but somehow after hours of crying, we managed to keep her. And since then, life became so blissful. "

Jungkook's head was kept on your shoulder and your hand was continuously caressing his back throughout. He would still feel this need of taking some breaks to breath, relax his nerves while narrating the particular memory that torn him apart.
None of you could possibly reason why you were sharing the most intimate details of your lives that you prefer to keep in the darkest vaults of your mind. But it felt so right, so important, so needed.

" That day, I promised Taehyung that I would return his favor someday. I will take over the blame for a mistake he would make and then we will be even. And guess what ? We are even now.

 Even, after he killed Sadie with his own hands. Even, after he shoot a bullet into her snowy fur, staining it with painful red of her blood. Even, after those innocent eyes went lifeless. Even, after snatching away the little happiness I ever had in my life.
Even, because I took his blame of killing Sadie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : I have a pet dog. I exactly know how much barbaric this chapter felt, I know how much pain it intrigued.
I even know how much Real life Taehyung love dogs and how pathetic it made him look here.

I'm sorry.