35. Safety

Your eyes felt extremely heavy and it was taking a lot of effort to keep them open. The sedatives in your body were doing its work and now that your stomach was filled and hunger wasn't a pain anymore, it felt so obvious to fall asleep.

No. But you can't. You just cannot. You have to be awake and be aware of your surrounding. You need to gather some information, something relevant, anything relevant. But, you can atleast get some sleep and do it after waking up, right ?

No. You can't give in to your enemies that easily. You have been through worse. You have been beaten up until your face was swollen, you have been tortured and you survived that, you stayed awake. You have to do the same now.
But the bed was so soft, so comfortable. You haven't got any sleep in last 3 days, you deserved some rest.

No. You can't. You shouldn't. Or may be, you should.

Even after a lot of resistance from your hitman's mind, you simply couldn't deny the need of your body. You fall asleep. On the soft, luxurious king size bed, you slept like a little kitten.

While sleep took you, the world of four gentlemen at the HOPEWORLD came crumbling down.

_____

It has been hours since Jungkook tried to break out of that door, hours since his eyes were swollen red and face was soaked in tears. But it felt like no one heard him, no one responded.
He kept on leaning at that door and calling Jimin or jhope or Yoongi one after another only to get no response and extreme helplessness.

He gave up. He sat down on the floor, facing the door and his head was throbbing in pain from all the screaming and shouting.

He closed his eyes and tried to take long deep breath. Exhaling out heavily at first but then eventually he calmed down. When Jungkook's mind was at some rest, he can't help but ask himself a very simple question.
"Why was he so much bothered?"

At the end of the day, he knew that she was his kidnapper and all of the little play date that they tried to act up while he was in hostage was nothing but fooling themselves off the reality.
No matter how hard he tried to convince himself that it is not in his hands to deal with any of the mess that was happening but only if he could do anything to save that girl, he would throw away his life for that.
Jungkook had no idea how, but she felt so important. After years, he finally felt like he truly cared about someone but, what a stupid destiny, things had to be in this way.

Jungkook held on to his knees with one hand and with the other, was ruffling his hair when suddenly he heard a cracking noise. He raised his face to see the door knob being twisted and saw Yoongi walking in, towards Jungkook.

 He raised his face to see the door knob being twisted and saw Yoongi walking in, towards Jungkook