31. Something's Wrong

_____________________

________________________

(AT HOPEWORLD, 4 Hours ago)

Jungkook wasn't sure about how he felt when he saw y/n walk out of the door. The guns strapped on her body gave him an uneasy feeling, not just because of his phobia but because some voice in his head kept telling him since then that things are going to go south.

He had seen her shoot a bullet into someone's skull, not that he was not aware that how dangerously good she was at her job, but Jungkook has never really seen this dark side of this world and that's why he can't really fathom the fact that things changed so rapidly in there.

"I just want you to know that the little, very little time I have spent with you, were the most beautiful moments of my life."
She said, thinking he was asleep.

Right then, all the blood in his body rushed up to his heart, making it race like a wild horse but he kept his eyes shut, not letting her shy away from her feelings. He knew she would not have said it if he was awake, so he acted to be asleep.

Those words gave him joy that he hasn't felt in years, he couldn't remember when was the last time he felt like he was something to someone. Two days with that insanely hot and dangerous woman were indeed his most beautiful moments as well. But like it always had to happen, it didn't last for long. For him, not even a few seconds.

The moment he pulled her in his arms, the moment the cold of her guns touched his skin, he knew something's wrong.

The very next minute, she kissed him good bye.

"I'll need to go underground. I'm sorry for leaving you alone with my group of mad men, but I trust them with my life. So, you know, you'll always be safe."
She laughed a bit while walking away from him.

He wanted to run upto her, wrap his arms around her and keep her with him. He knew she was bidding him a final good bye. He knew it all, but he couldn't do anything.

After few minutes, he heard two motorcycles storming away from the hotel and that's how she was gone.

_____

Jungkook sat straight on the bed, for God knows how long. His head was foggy, his chest was aching and his helplessness was making him freak out.

That's when it started hitting him.

Why were these mafias letting their lives on line for him ?
Yes, he was the son of one of the wealthiest man of the country and probably they could poll a huge sum out of his father, but was it all worth it ?
And if it was all about money, why there were no contacts made with anyone related to Jeon family or industries, asking for ransom ?