17. Hope

***** Flashback *****

3rd Person POV

{ 5 years ago }

Jimin held her hand and pulled away from the man who had bleed to death, the vase still held tightly in her hand. The only sound in the room was that of their flabbergasted breathing, both of them were trembling in fear, holding on to each other. 

" Is... is he dead ? " she asked with great difficulty in her throat.

" I think he is Y/N. " Jimin's voice muffled with sharp exhalation.

She dropped the copper vase and the metallic ringing after it hit the floor rang along with their feared thoughts. Clutching her damped hair, she sat on the floor thinking about the grave crime she has just committed. A throbbing pain starts building in her chest, making it more and more difficult for her to breath while her brain was completely vacant just with echoing terror.

" I murdered him. I.. I killed him. I'll be caught. I'll be prisoned. I.. I am.. I killed.. I fucked up.. I'm finished Jimin. This is the end. This is my end." she stuttered with tears gushing out of her eyes, her heart ached with every beat.

Jimin wrapped his hands around her small body, rubbing his palms on her arms and kissed the top of her head to calm her down but she kept shivering. He could feel her heart throbbing over his chest and her helplessness was only adding to break more of Jimin's heart.

" We'll find a way. Just calm down for now, okay ? He was a motherfucking bastard, an assaulter, he has raped hundreds of young girls. You just made the society free from a pest, from a bloodsucking monster. And biggest part, you saved my life.
Do you regret saving my life ?"
Jimin was himself getting weak on his nerves but pulling her out of the dearth was much more important to him and he exactly knew what would help her.

" No. No. I didn't. You came to save me Jimin and for that you were about to lose your life. This is all my fault. I... I caused all of this."
she clutched the sleeves of Jimin's blood splashed shirt and cried. Jimin held on to her tightly, trying to calm her down with comforting words but kept failing. 

Suddenly, she jolted out of Jimin's embrace and leaped a few feet away from him. She was still shaking but had wild fire burning in her eyes, her dilated pupils warning about some shattering thought running in her head.

" Run " she hissed.

" What ?" he was perplexed.

" Run away Jimin. Just run away. You didn't do anything, you don't deserve to get involved in all of this. So, you should run away. " she cried.

" Right. Running away is the only option." Jimin's voice was low and his foggy mind was slowly clearing up. If he didn't take an action then, he will regret it for life. He stepped towards her and held her by the wrist and said,

" Yes, we should run away."

So they did. For hours, they kept running, heading towards some unknown destination.

It was around midnight when their legs gave up, their stomachs were howling in hunger and the last bit of energy in their bodies was draining out. It was a miracle that they found a motel sign shinning bright in middle of nowhere.