32. Yuna

______________________

________________________

" I need your help. " Yoongi demanded.

Namjoon was his last hope, his only option. Atleast, even at the cost of losing it all; all that he has built for all these years, if he could save y/n he is ready to do that.
Even though it took him a great deal of courage to open the door of past and reach out to someone who knew his former self, the self that he was utterly shameful of but it really didn't take him more than a minute to put it all at stake for y/n.

Time is a notorious thing. If not got a hold of, it makes one pay the price and who knows that better than Min Yoongi. He knows that every minute counts and thus, when Jimin break the fateful news, Yoongi dial Namjoon's number after almost 6 years without wasting any minute.

Namjoon decided to meet him at a downtown cafe, a few streets from bureau.
When Namjoon entered the cafe, it was certainly most crowded as people flocked in and out in groups to have brunch. And almost everyone of them looked at him with the corner of their eyes.
People always tend to get cautious when the see someone in uniform and he realised that it won't be a very pleasing thing for his friend who decided to vanish for years and have decided to meet him after all this time.
He walked outside and paced towards the parking, inside the car he changed into a formal shirt and put up his mask. Being an officer, he always needed to keep these things handy.
When he returned back to the cafe, he instantly recognised Yoongi who was sitting in a corner. He was wearing a white FG tshirt over a pair of black jeans, thick yellow tainted sunglasses and a mask covering most of his face.
A face that Namjoon haven't seen in
6 years yet was so vividly clear in his memory that he could recognise it even with all those veils to hide his identity.
Namjoon went up to the table, pulled out a chair and sat down. He needed to keep his composure calm and professional but all he wanted to do is forget it all and hug his old friend, but he couldn't.

Yoongi looked at Namjoon and for a brief moment he felt like it was only yesterday when Yoongi and Namjoon met each other during their police forces training. It felt like only yesterday they both sat down at the canteen and talked about the leads in their respective case, even may be help each other with it. It felt like only yesterday Namjoon introduced his childhood friend, Yuna, to Yoongi.
It felt like it was only yesterday when Namjoon stood beside him, as his best man, when Yoongi saw that same girl, then gonna be his wife, walking down the aisle.
He just wished that he would still have Namjoon by his side, that everything could get back to where it was 6 years ago, two of them could again sit in front of the huge TV in Yoongi's house, watching some documentaries until Yuna would drag them till the dinning table where three of them would eat together, laughing. But nothing stayed the same.

_______

flashback

"Yoongi, this is Yuna. Yuna, Yoongi." Namjoon gave his cheeky smile while introducing his childhood friend to his best friend.