The Wisdom of King Solomon

Lady Karissa shares a Old Testament with her children about King Solomon and His Great Wisdom

King Solomon was the youngest son of King David of Israel and Bathsheba. Solomon was the second child of King David and Bathsheba after he repented of his wicked ways to Ya-hew . The Lord His God rewarded King David and Bathsheba with a second child and son and they named him Solomon.

Solomon in Hebrew means "Peaceful" and "friend of God." and he was their second child. However, King David and Bathsheba went onto have other sons, Nathan, Shammua, and Shobab as  we number of other half siblings.

There is one particular story I want to share with everyone of my readers regardless of what your religion is please read this story. You can be a Christian, Islam, Jewish, Pagan, Hindu, or Buddhist you can receive wisdom from King Solomon.

King Solomon asked for only one thing from his God and that was for wisdom to rule his kingdom.

The Judgement of Solomon is a story from the Hebrew Bible in which Solomon ruled between two women both claiming to be the mother of a child. Solomon revealed their true feelings and relationship to the child by suggesting the baby be cut in two, each woman to receive half. With this strategy, he was able to discern the non-mother as the woman who entirely approved of this proposal, while the actual mother begged that the sword might be sheathed and the child committed to the care of her rival. Some consider this approach to justice an archetypal example of an impartial judge displaying wisdom in making a ruling.

1 Kings 3:16–28 recounts that two mothers living in the same house, each the mother of an infant son, came to Solomon. One of the babies had been smothered, and each claimed the remaining boy as her own. Calling for a sword, Solomon declared his judgment: the baby would be cut in two, each woman to receive half. One mother did not contest the ruling, declaring that if she could not have the baby then neither of them could, but the other begged Solomon, "Give the baby to her, just don't kill him!"

 One mother did not contest the ruling, declaring that if she could not have the baby then neither of them could, but the other begged Solomon, "Give the baby to her, just don't kill him!"

The king declared the second woman the true mother, as a mother would even give up her baby if that was necessary to save its life, and awarded her custody. This judgment became known throughout all of Israel and was considered an example of profound wisdom.