Chapter 4

Quebec is walking alone, her nose on her phone. She can't help but sigh when a notification tells her that Belgium wants to talk to her through videochat. Despites what happened a month ago, he is a nice guy to hang out with in the woman's mind. She answers the call with a smile on her face, trying to forget how she feels.

Quebec : hey, fries! what can I do for you?

Belgium : I'm sorry about the other day... I don't know what came over me...

Quebec : *amused* You were probably just in heat or something!

Belgium : *blush* Quebec!!!
Quebec : *laugh* so! Now that you know that I forgive you, do you want anything else?

Belgium : I wanted to know if we could hang out today...

Quebec : *unseasy* I'm sorry... I have to buy some things for Amé and Nada... and they are mad at me, I can't go out with friends for a while...

Belgium : why's that?
Quebec : They found out that I hang out with Russia...

Belgium : What? Why would he?! What do you give him in exchange?!
Quebec : First, I don't know, I'm not him. Second... vodka and some company...

Belgium : What? You don't wanna give me company but you gave him? Is it because he helped you last time?

Quebec : ... nha, not that type of company... I just hang out with him, talk with him and... you know... drink with him... the type of company I'm willing to give...

Belgium : You're so complicated for a province...

Quebec : *sighs* bref... I got to go... Amé is waiting for his favorite beer...

In an annoyed sigh, Quebec hangs up before she opens the door of the liquor store. She stops in front of the canadian's beer, taking some for her brother, and she adds some quebecans too, just to see if they'll notice. She giggles before she walk towards american's cheap beer and freeze. Right in the alley is Russia who is looking at some beer cans. Quebec restrains a laugh and approaches her friend, gently poking his arm.

Quebec : I didn't know you liked american cheap beer...

Russia : it's not ... *look at her* oh it's you...

Quebec : damn... you seem happy to see me... *giggle* you know, I can just take what I need and leave, hein... If you don't like me, just tell me, I won't bother you anymore!

She laughs, her smile hiding how hurt she feels as she says that. Though, her voice can't lie and Russia noticed it. Even if he doesn't care about her usual lies, since he can understand that she means the opposite when she says that, he flinches at this one. Before his brain can translate what he wants to say from russian to english, his head shakes vividly.

Russia : I was just expecting my sister... She's searching for Canadian beer and I try to help her...

Quebec : ho... it's in the other alley... but why is she looking f-...

Russia : Because she's trying to seduce your brother...

Quebec : *blush* what?! Nada?!

Russia : not the capitalist or the savage one...

Quebec : damn! ... I'm traumatized now...

Russia : why? it's not like your brother isn't the type to have some admirers...

Quebec :*uneasy* right... that's because... it's his image only...

Russia : Should I be worried for my sis?

Quebec : na... I'll protect her...

Russia : what do you mean?

She doesn't answer. Her eyes fall on her half-brother's favorite drink, so her arm extends to reach it, but her friend's hand grabs her wrist. Her attention gets back to him, but her expression freezes the country. Her eyes, usually full for curiosity or joy, or both, are empty and her usual smile is missing.

Russia : Quebec? What should I know?

Quebec : Russia... It hurts.

He let go of her wrist, noticing how scared her voice sounded. However, he doesn't give up, trying to ask her again. Luckily for the woman, Ukraine arrives with two cans of quebecan beer, asking her brother which name was more interesting. The province used this distraction to take what she needed and leave. The man sighs, annoyed, before he answers his sister, his mind not taking off the empty expression of the one speaking french.

--------

Unable to take her memories out of her mind, Quebec sighs and doesn't even look at her family member as she puts every can of alcohol in the fridge. One by one, what she buyed end up at their place, even when her eyes stare at the quebecan beer, hesitating to take some. However, she shakes her head and put them in the fridge. As soon as she finishes, she starts the tea kettle, wanting to drink some tea to calm down, but as soon as she thinks of the word ''tea'' another memory haunts her. She stops the kettle and walks to her room, locking herself up.

A painful moaning escapes her lips as she curls on her bed while putting her hands on her ears. In her head, the last 200 years happen again. She hears again and again her brother and father dispraising her, telling her to die. She hears them telling her to lose her identity, to let Canada be the only living country of North America under England's guardianship. She feels every kick, every punch, every push. The only thing her own voice accepts to say out loud, even if she thinks that it's only in her mind is that if Ukraine knew, she wouldn't like him.

Tears escape her eyes as she sees her mother turning a blind eye on the situation. She sobs as she remembers America encouraging Canada. She wants to stop it, but her mind can't stop until she hears her phone ringing. She jumps and looks at her phone to see that it's Cuba who's calling. A relieved sigh escapes her lips as she answers the phone call.

Quebec : Thank god... you called just in time...

Cuba : Becky... What's wrong?

Quebec : just bad memories...

Cuba : which one? You have more than 200 years of that...

Quebec : all of them...

Cuba : wola... need me to come over?

Quebec : USA and Canada punished me... I can't see my friends...

Cube : Then... leave through your window and come here... I have ice cream...

Quebec : *giggle* j'arrive!