Chapter 14

Quebec is walking in the city, nervously looking at her phone. She just accompanied her brother to the flower shop and to the park where she told Ukraine to wait for her. Classical, but always working. Yea, I had been so sure of myself for three fucking month and now I'm scared... Ukraine loves him, but what if she doesn't want to be with him? What if I was wrong in the end? What if she learned about my brother's past and refuses his feelings? What will happen to me if I get locked up for the rest of my life? I said to Russia that I know how to sneak out of the cave, but I don't ... What if my friends start to hate me because of that? What if...

Her phone buzzes to notify her of a text, stopping her train of thoughts. The woman focuses on her phone, taking her time to understand that her friends texted her through a group chat to give her courage. She smiles and sighs, feeling better already, and she sits as she answers them.

Quebec

Thanks for the support, guys! But you should be supporting Ukraine and Nada, you know?

Cuba

Ho I'm doing this too, but, since I lost my bet, I wanna see you out of your house as often as now!

Quebec

What bet?

Belarus

Ho right! We all bet about the first between Russia or Ukraine to end up with one of Uk's family members!

Quebec

Hun? Ok for Ukraine, but... Don't tell me you ship Russia with Amé?!!?

Russia

Blyat нет!!! They ship us...

Quebec

Wo wai what?!!?!?!

Switzerland

Calm down, Quebec, we didn't bet more than cinema tickets...

Quebec

I don't know what's the weirdest... The fact that you all bet on Russia and me or Nada and Ukraine, or that Cuba lost his bet, meaning that he thought I would end up with Rus before Nada would tell his feelings!?!?!

Cuba

Hey! It's not my fault if both of you are really close, now! I mean... Belarus told us that you only show your injuries to his family and that you run in their house often!

Quebec

That's because ... *sighs* how can I explain that...

Russia

She runs in our house for me when I ask her to do so...

Quebec

You're not helping, Россия...

It's... Seriously, I don't know how to explain that!!!

Belarus

You two even have a code!

Quebec

Belarus!!! it's for emergencies!!

Cuba

How many times did he use it?

Quebec

Not that much...

Russia

Only when it's necessary...

Belarus