Chapter 8

As soon as she could, Quebec went back home, not without thanking Russia and Ukraine. Though she didn't have time to put her things back in the bathroom, that Canada took her hand and brought her in the family's car. The province didn't have to ask what's going on, she understood : They're going to an international meeting and they want to have a family talk beforehand. She sighs and looks through the car's window as her father drives. They won't tell me what's wrong before we arrive because they want to avoid an accident caused by my yelling... typical... Though... What did I do this time? If it was because of the party, it would have been Amé and dad, so they wouldn't have brought me like that... think Quebec as she feels the worried gaze of the brother who pulled her. She turns her head toward him and smiles to reassure him, in vain. Okay... Nada looks like I'll insult him... So he totally agrees with father's point of view and doesn't act as dad said without thinking the same... What did I do that is SO wrong for everyone?

Her question is soon answered, since the car parks in front of the UNESCO's building. So Quebec sighs and leaves the vehicle with her family members. They lock themself in the meeting room who's unoccupied because of how early they are. Ho ho... If we are here, it's because no one can hear through the walls and doors... They're gonna be mad at me as fuck or they know I'll be mad at them as I never was... Think Quebec as she crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow.

Quebec : ok... can I know for what reason I had to leave my toothbrush on the living room's floor?

UK : Where did you sleep last night?

Quebec : *sarcastic snigger* Don't tell me you don't know! You freaking brought me here!
France : ma chérie, please... just answer his question...

Quebec : why do I feel like you ALL agree on something that I won't like?

America : Because it's probably the case...

Quebec : ... *sighs* I was at Russia's house since two of Amé's guests thought that my room could be used to fuck...

Australia : don't you go into the basement when that happens, normally? I know it's not comfortable and doesn't muffle the sound enough, but...

Quebec : Russia offers me a better bed and blankets than the cave's cold floor... Plus, he's my friend, so I wasn't going to turn him down on that! I trust him...

Uk : that's the problem, Quebec.

Quebec : what? That I slept at Russia's house or that I trust him?

New Zealand : why do you trust him?

Quebec :*upset* are you... are you all serious?

Canada : Kind of...

America : that guy's a communist! He's dangerous!

Quebec : What? You didn't even try to know him before thinking that!

UK : He proved it to us well enough...

Quebec : You mean when his father was controlling him?! Seriously?! He's not his father!!

Canada : Quebec, you should stop talking to him...

Quebec : *angry* Quoi?
Australia : We don't trust him...

UK : And you're ruining our reputation by your acts...

Quebec : how? I'm just a province, what I do doesn't change a sh-...

America : that's what you think, but you're Nada's province, you should, at least, obey him... he knows better than you who's good enough for you or not...

Quebec : And since WHEN Russia is THAT bad for me, hun? Cuba is good enough to be tolerate by you, but not Russia?! Your argument is that he's a communist!! Both of them are!
America : I did an embargo on Cuba, so he can't see you without noticing us. Everyone knows that...

Quebec : wha-...?
France : And he has a limited time with you...

Quebec : why..?

UK : So we can avoid having a communist in our family...

Quebec : *angrily restraining herself* ...

Australia : Everyone knows that the countries who you hang out with are approved by dad and Nada...

New zealand : *uneasy* And when you hang out with Russia...

Canada : it gives the image that we approved of him.
Uk : Which is wrong.

Quebec : *cry out in anger* DO YOU REALLY THINK I CARED ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OF ME? ABOUT THE IMAGE I GIVE FOR THE FAMILY?? LIKE I EVER CARED ABOUT IT!!! OK I'M NADA'S PROVINCE, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I'M A FUCKING DOG LIKE HIM!! I DO WHAT I WANT BECAUSE I'M A PROVINCE AND NOT A COUNTRY LIKE I WAS BEFORE CANADA WAS BORN! YOU GAVE ME THAT FREEDOM IN THE CITY TO PROVE TO ME THAT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE NECESSITY OF MY EXISTENCE! THAT YOU TRUSTED ME!

Uk : But that's not the case anymore, Quebec. Now, Canada, bring her back. And lock her up in the cave if she still doesn't want to obey.

Canada : Sure, dad.

As soon as he answered, Canada took Quebec's hand. She jumps and starts to pull on her side, still yelling that she has the right to be free, that her brother is UK's dog and a ton of insults in french canadian. However, the country is so used to pulling his sister back to the car that he doesn't care about what she says, pushing her in the car boot to avoid being knocked out while he drives.

-----------------------

Russia and his family crossed the siblings way in the building, surprised to witness such an unusual scene. Not forgetting how Quebec reacts when they talk about Canada, the province's friend looks at his sister who can't take off her worried gaze from the exit door where the one she loves went through.

Russia : what the Blyat...

Ukraine : he must have a good reason to do that...

Russia : Да... but knowing Quebec, I don't think she would fight that much if it was for a good reason...

Belarus : Maybe she did something bad...

They sigh and walk in the meeting room, seeing how much the Uk's family looks upset. I feel like this meeting will be a bigger pain in the ass than usually...