Chapter 9

Quebec knocks on the cave's door for over an hour, yelling everything that crosses her mind. As soon as he locked the basement door, Canada called his family to tell them he has to stay at home to make sure she doesn't run away. And since then, he hears his sister insulting him, crying and yelling everything he did before. He didn't move from his position since he hung up, his back on the door and his legs crossed.

Canada : Can't you shut up, Becky? You know it's for your own good... If our reputation goes down, we won't be able to protect you...

Quebec : YOU FREAKING ENGLAND'S DOG!!! YOU DIDN'T CHANGED AFTER TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY YEARS!!

Canada : DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!

Quebec : YOU STILL HURT ME AND TRY TO SHUT ME UP! YOU WANT TO CONTROL ME AND TO TRANSFORM ME INTO A STUPID DOG!

Canada : CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M DOING THAT TO HELP YOU? RUSSIA WILL HURT YOU!

Quebec : HA PARCE QUE TU NE M'AS PAS FAIT MAL PEUT-ÊTRE? TU M'AS LANCÉ DANS LA CAVE!! (ha because you didn't hurt me? you throw me in the cave!!) IN WHAT WORLD IT DOESN'T HURT WHEN YOU ARE THROWN DOWN SOME FREAKING STAIRS?!

Canada : I DIDN'T WANT TO HURT YOU BUT YOU WERE ABOUT TO HURT ME TO!

Quebec : YEA! YOU STARTED TO TREAT ME AS BEFORE!! I DIDN'T WANT TO BE IN THERE!!!

Canada : I DON'T TREAT YOU AS BEFORE!! I TREAT YOU BETTER!!!

Quebec : HA OUAIS?! SINCE WHEN DOING EXACTLY WHAT FATHER WANTS WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT MY FEELING OR EVEN APOLOGIZING IS BETTER?! YOU'RE A TWO FACE BITCH! IF UKRAINE KNEW...

She shut herself up in a second, her hand on her mouth. Canada blushes, surprised and turns around, opening the door. He looks at his sister, his eyes widened. Quebec has the same expression, regretting what she said.

Canada : What? Ukraine-...

Quebec : Sorry, I should have shut up...

Canada : What were you going to say about Ukraine?

Quebec : that if she new how badly you treat me, she would avoid you rather than flirt with you... *feeling guilty* sorry but you know that I'm right. You used that cave each time you tried to make me disappear...

Canada : because I'm the country, you shouldn't be there, you know it...

Quebec : I should have been the country... I WAS the country... And I don't hold a grudge against you about it, but you have to respect me as if I was a countryhuman...

Canada : but normally, you should have died when I was born, you should have been assimilated...

Quebec : but I'm not. I have my own culture and you said that you acknowledge that. You should treat me as such.

Canada : I know, but, Becky... you're my province, you should act as such...

Quebec : Canada... I won't be like you. I don't agree at all with your way of thinking, you know it. I'm me and you are you. I won't try to be independant again, but I have the right to have my own friends without being linked to you. Plus, Russia doesn't talk to me while thinking that I'm your older sister, but that I'm his friend Quebec.

Canada : you know I can't let you do as if you're independent...

Quebec : I know, but I could still have my freedom as a province. I don't ask you to give me the possibility of having international relationships like you, but I can have my friends even if it doesn't change a thing in your allies. At least in this city...

Canada : you mean... like the humans in there who can be friends with us without changing anything?
Quebec : yea! I always act like that, since I'm the only province humanized...

The country crosses his arms, thinking as he stays in front of his sister to block her way out. Though, she doesn't care about running away. She knows that it doesn't help at all. Instead, she put her fists on her waist, raising an eyebrow. Since when do you take in consideration what I say? Think Quebec as she stares at her brother. He stays lost in his thoughts for a moment, before frowning as he stares back.

Canada : you know that if I stop that, I won't be able to protect you?

Quebec : Even if I die, the province of Quebec will continue to exist in you. I'm not scared.

Canada : ... Ok, but at one condition.

Quebec : I'm listening.

Canada : You have to come to every country meetings.

Quebec : whut? Why?

Canada : You want me to treat you like a country human, you have to come as one. Even if you're my province, you can still participate in our meetings. Plus, it will show to everyone that you aren't under our protection anymore.

Quebec : whu... *think* wait... that's actually logic...

Canada : you agree?
Quebec: yea! But... how will you deal with dad?

Canada : Let me do my things, sis... International relationships isn't your strength...

Quebec : Maybe you should start now to treat me as a country...

Canada : I'm still the country. I just want you to show how determined you are.

Quebec : So you'll protect me from dad?
Canada : He will kill me too if I don't explain it.

Quebec : true... *giggle* Thanks, Nada!

Canada : *smile* ... get out of here, now... and sorry about the situation...

Quebec : Bha! I had worse!

She giggles and takes her things that she left on the ground to put them back in the bathroom. Taking advantage of the room she's in, the woman starts to treat her wounds, suppressing every painful moan that wants to escape her. It ended better than I expected... My brother really did change... before, he would have punched me for my insolence... She sighs mentally while her face pouts in pain.

Quebec : at least, this hellish thing ended...

Canada : *pop at the door* Ho, by the way, Quebec!

Quebec : hmm?

Canada : I'm serious about Russia, I think he's too dangerous for you...

Quebec : Seriously? You didn't even try to know him before you say that! And you're in love with his sister! You should at least try to know him, don't you think?

Canada : I rather not. It's not like I'll end up with Ukraine anyway... So just... be careful, please

Quebec : *giggle* Right! I'll avoid him if you two don't end up together after you confess! Even better, I'll let you lock me up forever if I'm wrong on this!

Canada : I'll keep that in mind, Becky!

The province laughs as she puts the last bandage on her wrist, amused. Her brother looks at her, the guilty looks in his eyes, as the woman put her hand on Canada's arm. She smiles at him, gaining a smile from him.

Quebec : don't worry, as long as you never do that again, I won't be mad at you about it!