(00)

=====

"Hey, Shouyou, please open the door..." a worried Ukai attempted to coax through the slab of wood separating him from his adopted son. He received a whine and moan of agony as a reply. 

Sighing, he made his way downstairs and poured a glass of milk for the ginger, dropping two tablets in it. Though they hardly helped with the ginger's raging hormones, they did help with the pain that coursed through Shouyou's body.

This happened every month, so Ukai was already aware of what he should do in order to help the little ginger feel safe and warm. The orphanage he came from informed the grown male of Shouyou's condition and claimed that no one wanted him because of it.

It's not like it was a burden or anything. Not to him, at least. He liked taking care of Shouyou. Before, his life had been so dull and repetitive, but now, he was content.

After stirring in some strawberry-flavored syrup and the pills and warming it up in the microwave, Ukai quickly walked back up to Shouyou's room, only to find the door cracked open, and a teary-eyed Shouyou peaking through. 

His tail twitched back and forth in worry about where his father went. "Sorry, Shouyou, I got you some milk," Ukai stated with a smile, urging the ginger to open the door more so he can take it. 

Another whine left Shouyou's lips as he rejected the glass and curled into a ball beside his bed, a blanket squished between his arms and legs like a makeshift human. "I promise, it'll make you feel a lot better."

The ginger didn't budge, only crawling over to Ukai with his blanket held in his mouth and between his sharp canines. Ukai sat crisscrossed on the floor, allowing Shouyou to lay on his lap as another mewl and cry sounded from him.

"Here, I'll help you down it, okay? I know that medicine doesn't taste too great..." Shouyou's ear flinched at the hormones overflowing from him as he started panting at the sudden warmth, his body trying to rub and grind against Ukai's.

 "No, Shouyou. It's me, Ukai. Your dad. You can't do that. Now, here."

Softly pushing Shouyou's body away from him, Ukai held the cup up to the ginger's mouth, and the now upset Neko licked around the ring of the cup. He whined again and tried to get back onto Ukai, who put an arm up to stop him.

"Drink all of this, and I'll hold you, okay?"

A quiet growl resonated in Shouyou's throat as he placed his mouth on the glass and slowly began drinking it. His eyes fluttered closed as he leaned closer toward the cup, his hand lazily drooping onto the hand holding the glass.

Shouyou's body began relaxing slowly as the fast-acting medication began making its way through his system. Ukai smiled painfully, trying to ignore the tinges of pain from the ginger's claws digging into his hand.

"That a boy. Feel better now?" Slowly, Shouyou nodded, plopping tiredly into Ukai's lap. The fake blond chuckled, picking his little son up and carrying him into the living room to turn on his favorite show.

-----

"How is this even possible?" Ukai asked the orphanage director as they stared into the bedroom Shouyou was currently locked in through a little window.

"Apparently, his ancestors were used in illegal experiments way back when. The people who did the experiments, well, from what I've heard, they tried to mix a cat and a human's DNA together. 

Only one case was successful, but she ended up escaping and starting a family before they could continue the research. From then on, no sign of cat DNA has been found until Shouyou was born. It's hard to see all the symptoms from the mixed DNA in person... Such a sad sight..."

Ukai nodded as he attempted to take all the information in. "That's why no one wants him. They think he's hard to take care of, but I think it's the complete opposite. I'd take him if I could..." the director finished, watching Shouyou cry into a pillow, his tail wrapped tightly around his waist.

"I'll take him, then."

=====

A/n: I'm going to kill myself trying to update all these stories, but I'll do my best! I seriously have no self-control at all! * insert pain-filled laugh here*