(02)

=====

"Hey! Hey! I'm Nishinoya!" One of the players hollered, jumbling over to the ginger, whose face lit up at the attention. "Wah! You're almost as short as me!" Shouyou swiped his hand near their heads, noting the size difference.

"That's only because of your ears! I'm, like, four inches taller than you! Haha!" This caused Shouyou to also laugh, though his was a lot smoother and warmer. "Enough standing around! Let's get to it!" Ukai shouted, slapping his hands together to gain everyone's attention.

"You can observe for today, Shou. I'm sure Hitoka and Shimizu won't mind you spending time with them..." He glanced over at the managers, who smiled in approval. Shouyou lit up. "Yay!"

"I'll let you guys out early for afternoon practice so you guys can get to know Shouyou a little better. I think it would do you guys some good."

Everyone began fidgeting, already knowing what Ukai was getting to. "Ever since that match against Aoba Johsai, you guys have been pushing yourselves too hard. Especially the first years. His gaze landed on a certain raven-head, who glared at the floor guiltily.

In an attempt to lighten the mood, Ukai laughed and dug through the bag still slung over his shoulder, pulling out a ball of yarn and tossing it up and down lazily. "Shouyou's gonna make a good addition to the team."

Everyone watched as he tossed the ball high into the air with a whistle leaving his lips. Shouyou's ears twitched and he turned around, slightly startling Yachi, and ran toward the sound, his wide, caramel eyes locked onto the yarn.

He leaped over his father, clutching the ball in his hands and safely landing back onto the ground.

The team, even Tsukishima, stared in awe, but laughter soon erupted from them as Shouyou dropped to the ground and began tangling himself in the string as he tried desperately to end its non-existent life.

Yeah, this was the start of something amazing.

-----

As lunch arrived, the little ginger sat alone in the corner of the cafeteria, his eyes flickering between the people staring at him from all angles, and the cartoon of warm milk and sushi he had just gotten from Ukai.

Gulping, he curled his legs close to his chest, sinking further into his seat with a quiet whine. "Hey, Shouyou!" Sugawara stated, setting his lunch tray down and slipping into the seat next to the ginger. "Hi, Sugawara-Senpai!" He replied with a bright smile.

The rest of the volleyball team joined Shouyou at the lunch table, sending glares at the people who couldn't keep their filthy stares off of the ginger Neko. "What'cha eating, Shouyou?" Nishinoya questioned, scooting into the seat on the other side of Shouyou.

"Tuna sushi! Dad made it for me!" He giggled, holding a piece out to the dual-haired male. "Want one?" NIshinoya shook his head while chuckling. "Nishinoya's not big on fish," Asahi stated with a chuckle of his own, biting into his meat bun.

"Oh, sorry, Nishinoya-Senpai."

"It's fine, ahaha!"

Shouyou felt a hand fall on his shoulder and squeeze it roughly, causing a yelp to leave his lips. "Hey, there, little kitty. So, it's true, huh? There's really a half-cat at Karasuno now. Hah, what a freak," the male stated, reaching out to pull Shouyou's tail.

Before he could, Sugawara slapped his hand away, and Tanaka, Nishnoya, and Daichi stood to confront them. Before they could, the ginger had turned around and bitten the male's hand hard, his canines sinking deep into his skin.

"Fuck!" He shouted, punching Shouyou harshly on the cheek and causing him to fall onto Sugawara, who caught him and immediately began coaxing sweet words to him and trying to calm him down.

The rest of the volleyball team stood with pure anger written all over their faces. They glared at the soccer team, and Tanaka was the first to strike, a straight punch right into the captain's gut.

The man fell to the floor, only to be kicked in the face by Kageyama, who had taken quite the liking to Shouyou. The whole cafeteria was in shambles as people called out for the teachers and ran over to view the fight breaking out.

Blood dripped from Shouyou's mouth and down his chin as Sugawara could only bounce him up and down on his lap and whisper sweet little nothings to him.

-----

"Someone mind explaining what all that was about?" The vice-principal glared, staring at the beat-up players with a grim expression. The captain of the soccer team, Shouyou, and a few other soccer players were resting in the infirmary. The rest got off with small bumps and bruises.

"They just came up to our table and started picking on Shouyou!" Nishnoya exclaimed.

"Is this true?" The principal asked the soccer team, who started refuting. "It was only Captain! We just followed him!" One of them cried. "We have the whole cafeteria as a witness, so I advise you not to lie," said the vice-principal.

"They're not, but they were laughing the entire time!" Tanaka announced.

"Who hit first?"

"The soccer captain, Sir," Daichi stated.

"Then, it's settled. Soccer team, detention for two weeks, and no games for a month. On top of that, you'll have extra homework. Tell your captain to come here when he wakes up because his punishment will be worse. You're dismissed."

The soccer team slipped through the door with grim expressions, all muttering 'yes sir' and 'yes'.

"As for you guys, I understand your need to protect Shouyou, but fighting is never the answer." The vice-principal stood, patting the wrinkles from his jacket and pants.

"I've taken quite the liking to Shouyou ever since he helped my daughter at the store once. Because of that, and since you were defending him, I'll let you off easy. It just so happens that the janitors will be out this weekend. After practice, all of you will clean the hallways of the school- bathrooms included. With all of you, it shouldn't take but a few hours. Good luck."

=====

Meow For Me | h.haremOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara