(01)

=====

"Listen, I've told you guys that I have an adopted son, right?" Ukai asked his team, who all nodded.

"Well, I worked some things out with the school, so he's gonna transfer here next week. He'll probably join the volleyball team, so I suppose I should give you guys a heads up." The team waited patiently for him to finish.

"Basically... he's half cat."

"... What?!"

"Shut it, damnit! He has a condition, okay?!" Clearing his throat, the coach continued. "Once a month, for a whole week, he goes into this phase where his mind just... stops working. Not like he goes stupid or anything... It's more, like, he gets really... horny."

A few laughs left some of the members, thinking it was some sort of joke or something. Ukai read them like an open book and glared at them. "He's been registered under my care by the government."

Scowling, he took his phone out and flipped to a picture of a federal document with his signature on it. He showed it to the team.

"As I was saying, he'll be taken out of school during that time, but since he needs someone to take care of him, I'll still have to take him to practice. After that, we'll be back at home until afternoon practice."

Murmurs and questions flew around, but he didn't answer any of them. "don't grab his tail or ears, they're really sensitive. Also, he's probably cuter than you guys are imagining him, so prepare yourselves, because if I catch any of you trying to get a bite of him, you're dead!"

"Yes, Coach!" They shouted. a shiver running down their spines.

-----

Today was the day. The day Shouyou was going to transfer to Karasuno after being homeschooled his whole life. "You ready to head out, Shouyou?" Ukai questioned the little ginger, seeing him lace up his converses in the doorway.

"Yep!" Exclaimed Shouyou, leaping up and racing through the door and toward Ukai's car, hopping into the passenger side with a smile brighter than the sun itself. Ukai had the urge to pull his shades out.

"It's still early, so you can just wait in the gym while I go get everyone. Sound good?" With an excited nod of his head and a hum of agreement, they exited the vehicle. They only lived about five minutes away anyway.

"Alright, the gym's right there. I'm sure the team's still changing in the clubroom, so I'll go get them."

"Okay!" The ginger bellowed, pacing toward the gym with a pep in his step. Upon entering, he slipped his backpack onto the floor by the wall, placing his shoes carelessly beside it.

As he turned to examine his surroundings, he noticed two people who had just finished setting up a volleyball net."Hello!" He shouted, waving his hand as he made his way toward them with a shining grin.

"Oh, you must be Coach Ukai's- Woah!" A girl with blonde hair attempted to state, only to stop in shock. "It's true..." Another lady with black-colored hair gasped beneath her breath, placing a hand on her mouth as to not seem rude.

"My name's Shouyou! I like milk and cuddles and blankets and volleyball- I've never played before, but I watch it on TV all the time! I hope we can be friends!" He held his hand out to them while giggling, waiting patiently for a handshake.

"It's nice to meet you, Shouyou-Kun. I'm sure we'll get along great," the black-haired woman stated politely, shaking the ginger's small hand. The blonde followed, and they both introduced themselves to the little Neko, who listened eagerly with a smile.

"So, what do you guys do as managers? Is it fun? You get to watch volleyball in real-life every day! It has to be so amazing, right?!"

The two women giggled at Shouyou's neverending excitement and began explaining their duties to him. It was obvious that he was enthralled with the topic, so they continued the conversation until the doors to the gym opened once again, and the main lights were turned on.

Kiyoko and Yachi gasped at Shouyou's appearance, which they were finally able to see more clearly. Ukai was right. He was way cuter than they had imagined.

"Shouyou! Shou, where'd you go?!" The coach shouted, urging the little ginger to move from behind the managers and bounce over to his dad.

"I made friends! I made friends! Really super pretty friends!" He chanted, his tail swishing around as his body moved faster than the eye could see.

"You met the managers? That's good! You introduced yourself first, right?" Ukai questioned, opening his arms, for Shouyou to easily jump into. "Yep~! I told them my name, my favorite fo- Woah! Hi!"

In a mere second, the ginger was off of Ukai and clutching onto one of the volleyball players, who caught him as fast as he could. "You're hair's super soft-looking! Can I tou-"

A sigh came from the coach as he pulled a small water bottle from his bag and squirted the ginger, causing a hiss to come from him as he let go of the silver-haired volleyball player and ran off behind the managers with water dripping from his hair and ears.

After aggressively shaking his head, he began using the back of his hand to smooth down the damp areas while glaring at Ukai.

"Sorry, he's been like this all morning, but he's usually pretty calm. More like a dog than a cat," the coach said, putting the water bottle away and turning around to Shouyou, who now had Kiyoko's jacket bundled up in his small hands with his nails holding it in place.

"Shouyou, I told you before we left the house to stay calm. Now, come here and properly introduce yourself." Reluctantly, Shouyou walked slowly toward the coach and team, who was still trying to comprehend everything.

The managers followed standing beside the team. "I'm Shouyou! I like milk-" He began counting on his fingers. "-and blankets and cuddles and volleyball-" Ukai slapped a hand over his own face as Shouyou finished his list of stuff he liked.

"Um, it's nice to meet you, Shouyou," the pretty-haired person peeped up, urging everyone else to speak up as well. "I hope we can be friends!" The ginger smiled, walking closer to the silver-haired male dubbed 'Sugawara'.

"Ah! No sir!" Ukai shouted, already knowing Shouyou was about to jump onto the third year. "J-Just once?" The ginger whined. Ukai stood firm, his arms crossed, and shook his head. "I-I don't mind-"

"He'll dig his long-ass claws into your skin. He hasn't gone to the groomer yet this month."

"Oh..."

=====