(14)

=====

"Bokuto-San, why is he on your shoulders?" Akaashi questioned, referring to the purring Neko who relaxed his chin atop Bokuto's head, staring at the black-haired male curiously. His tail lazily moved back and forth.

"I took him before someone else could, duh!" Akaashi met Shouyou's eyes, earning a smile from the ginger. He waved. Shouyou waved back, albeit much more enthusiastically. Bokuto took a seat beside Akaashi and began talking to Konoha, who sat in the seat in front of him.

The ginger leaned over and sniffed at Akaashi, who tensed up at the tickling feeling near his nape. Shouyou paused for a moment before leaning in closer, curiously licking up his neck. Gasping quietly, he pulled away, placing a hand on his neck in shock.

Bright, caramel eyes continued to stare at him, and Akaashi sweat-dropped. With his small hand, Shouyou attempted to reach out to him, successfully taking a gentle hold on his t-shirt and leaning closer to him.

"Woah!" Bokuto exclaimed, straightening the ginger back out with a laugh. "You want Akaashi?" Bokuto looked at the now-composed Akaashi with a tight-knit smile, and, reluctantly, Akaashi held his arms open, satisfied with the bright smile that spread over Shouyou's face.

"Yay!" The ginger crawled into Akaashi's arms, tucking his face into his chest and letting his feet dangle from the chair. The black-haired male's chest vibrated with purrs.

Hesitantly, Akaashi placed his hand between Shouyou's ears, scratching lightly and causing more purrs to leave the Neko on his lap. "No fair... he totally likes you more than me," Bokuto cried, biting into his breakfast and salting it with his tears.

"You smell so nice~" Shouyou hummed into Akaashi's chest, inhaling deeply and releasing it, his breath warming the taller male's chest. "What do I smell like?!" Bokuto asked, reaching out to poke SHouyou's arm.

"Mmh~" The ginger paused, thinking. "Sand..." Shouyou began, "...sunscreen, and body spray." Confusion laced Bokuto's face for a moment before his expression unraveled into one of understanding. "I just came back from the beach with my family last week! You can smell that?"

Shouyou turned around and nodded. "My sense of smell's really strong!" He tapped his nose as an indication. "Oh! What's Akaashi smell like?!" At this, the ginger smiled softly and hugged Akaashi closer. "He smells good. Like rain. I can smell your cologne, too."

After another inhale and exhale, a blush began to form on Shouyou's cheeks. "Smells so good," he nearly moaned out, causing Bokuto and Akaashi's hearts to leap. Wow, that was hot. "Hey, Shouyou!" A voice called from the doorway, and Bokuto and Akaashi sighed in disappointment.

"Looks like Shou's guardians are here," the pepper-haired male groaned out, staring at Karasuno as they approach them. Shouyou paid them no mind. "Shou, have you eaten yet?" Sugawara questioned, sitting in the empty seat beside Akaashi.

The ginger didn't seem to comprehend anything, only closing his eyes and tucking himself tighter against Akaashi. With a shake of his head, Sugawara sighed. "Come on, Shou. We have to go to our table," he tried again but received the same treatment.

"Awe~ I bet he's grumpy cause he hasn't eaten yet!"

"That's so cute~!" Tanaka and Nishinoya cooed, snapping a quick picture of the little ginger. Sugawara sighed again. "You're doing it wrong," a newcomer voiced. "Oh, you're Atsumu's brother!" Bokuto all but shouted, pointing at the grey-haired male with an 'o'-shaped mouth.

Osamu bent down, clicking his tongue repeatedly, and Shouyou's head shot up. "Come 'er, kitty, kitty," he called, his face and voice monotonous. Shouyou crawled off of Akaashi and crawled over to Osamu, who pet him as a reward.

"See?" Osamu smirked, and Sugawara frowned. A soft clicking sounded from Tsukishima's hand, and he stepped forward. Shouyou almost immediately booked it to him.

"He's much more cat-like in the mornings, so I figured he'd cause problems- that's why I brought this," he stated, and Osamu scowled. "You got one cocky first year, Daichi." Osamu didn't give anyone the chance to remark before he went to his table without a word.

"Oh, snap!" Bokuto exclaimed, slapping a hand over his mouth in pretend shock. Tsukishima stood to his full height with Shouyou latched to his upper body. He scowled and clicked his tongue.

"I just want breakfast," he grumbled, walking to their assigned table. "Shouyou, you can hang onto me!" Nishinoya shouted, patting his chest, but to no avail.

-----

Their first match was against Itachiyama, and Shouyou couldn't be more pumped. "I'm so excited! I heard that their ace's wrist goes like 'floop'! I wanna see it!" He jumped up and down in excitement, taking Tanaka's hands in his and causing him to start jumping excitedly as well.

-----

The match started soon after, and the second Sakusa's crazy, fast serve hit the floor, Shouyou's eye widened in amazement. "That's so cool..." he muttered to himself, his eyes sparkling with interest. Sakusa just looked away, his eyes not being able to withstand the brightness.

-----

*can't write about volleyball but writes about the characters of a volleyball anime ;-;*

-----

Shouyou leaped high into the air the second Kageyama sent the ball his way, they had seen him jump earlier in the game, but this was higher. Even higher than his team had seen him jump. For a moment they thought he'd jump over the net.

He licked his lips, his tail swishing once as he reeled his hand back and hit the ball with all his might. It smashed hard on the other side of the court before bouncing away.

Itachiyama was only one point away from winning, but their coach panically called a time out. It was instinctive after seeing Shouyou's spike because it was a move you would use to seal the team's win. To win the game.

Sakusa and Shouyou locked eyes through the net, and the ginger released a puff of air before smiling and giving him a small wave, leaving Sakusa's heart full and warm.

"Hey, Coach, who's the little kitty?" He questioned, his curls bouncing as he turned his head toward Shouyou.

"I don't know. When I first saw him, I thought he was a manager or just tagging along with Ukai. But after seeing him in action, I can't say the same," the coach truthfully answered. Sakusa, too, thought the same thing.

He thought Shouyou was just some spoiled little bitch who couldn't hold his part of the court, but, oh, he was so wrong. He's a spoiled little bitch who most definitely can hold his part of the court. He's also super adorable, and he likes cats because they're really sanitary.

Shouyou met his gaze, which he hadn't even realized was still on the ginger, and smiled, pointing at his wrist, then at him, and making a spiking motion. When Sakusa raised a brow, Shouyou looked up again and stuck his thumbs up, his grin widening.

Sakusa could feel his cheeks warming up. Just the slightest bit.

=====