27

seungmin was laid down by them and chan put the blanket over him, bottles of water were put on the nighstand.

seungmin didn't care about that, he was focused on how soft the sheets were, how much he sunk into the matress and how much his head sank into the pillow. chan sat on the edge of the bed, looking at him.

seungmin looked back at him, trying to speak without coughing.

"thank you... so much." he whispered, his voice coming out hoarse and cracked.

this time seungmin genuinely meant it, he was so thankful that they let him get out of that damp, cold basement. the air felt so clear and light up here, and the natural daylight coming through the window was something he had missed so much, he knew that the second he had more energy he wanted to go to the window and look out at the sky, and the trees and maybe even houses and people.

sending someone a signal for help didn't even cross his mind.

chan hummed and watched him, he picked up a water bottle and took the cap off, moving his hand to the back of seungmin's neck, lifting his head so he could drink.

he then picked up cough medicine and opened it, pouring it onto a spoon and holding it to seungmin's lips.

he opened his mouth obediently and took what was on the spoon. it tasted weird and bitter and he scrunched his nose up but didn't complain. he swallowed two spoonfuls and laid his head back down, he shivered and tried to warm up but he still felt hot.

"please try and get to the bowl if you need to throw up."

seungmin nodded.

"sorry."

"and call us if something happens." minho added, nodding at the baby monitor.

seungmin nodded again, wanting to try and sleep now. they stood up and left the room, closing and locking the door behind them. minho looked at chan as they walked back downstairs.

"mark my words, he's going to beg to stay in there when he gets better."

chan chuckled and walked downstairs with minho.

"i know, he's too predictable, but at least he's thankful."

minho hummed and sat back on the couch, crossing his legs over.

"i am starting to get fucking sick of all those locks and going all the way down there."

"yeah me too."

"wanna get pizza tonight?"

"yeah definitely."

"he asked for some, should we give him leftovers?"

"he shouldn't have solid foods if he's sick." minho chuckled.

chan smirked and nodded.

"soup as normal then."

"it's actually a lot more fun than we thought."

"i love that i can make him say sorry for anything, he gets so weak and pathetic over small touches."

"and you can tell he hates himself for enjoying it."

they both smirked and joked for a while before chan picked up his phone to order pizza. minho got up and went to the kitchen, he opened a can of soup and pored half of it into a bowl and put it in the microwave, starting to warm up for seungmin later, getting one of the plastic containers out for when it was done. they didn't trust him enough to give him bowls and plates in case he smashed them and tried to use them to harm them or himself.