77

seungmin watched the screen of his dvd player, hugging his bear as he curled up under the blanket, he was much warmer now but he wasn't in a better mood.

whenever they had someone over it was like they had a social battery, and it was limited. when they finished hanging out with someone they both got in a bad mood. they didn't like being around people for too long and when they had to put on a sweet, caring mask, they seemed to feel the need to cancel it out by being mean to seungmin.

now he was in his room and as much as he disliked being pushed aside when they prioritised other people, he didn't want them to come back, they were so unpredictable it was frustrating to seungmin.

he watched his movie, sipping on a bottle of water and before long, he needed the bathroom. he wasn't sure what to do because there was no way to call one of them up to ask them if he could and if he went without asking he might get into trouble.

he sat up in his bed, looking at the door while biting at his lip, he didn't know what to do, the sound of the toilet flushing could be loud and he would get into trouble, and just not flushing at all would be so embarrassing.

he thought about risking it but they were going to be in a bad mood when their friend left anyway, if he broke the rule and made a noise it would be so much worse.

his only option other than holding it until he had an accident in bed was to go and try to flush it as quietly as possible but just holding it wasn't an option at this point.

he pulled his blanket off him and slipped out of bed, he put on his socks, hoping that it would help him be quiet and started walking slowly towards the door, holding his bear. it was second nature to take it everywhere with him when he was allowed.

he walked towards the door and opened it slowly and as silently as he possibly could. he looked out into the hallway, then down towards the stairs. he could hear faint voices and laughter. he stepped out into the corridor, not sure why he was so nervous, his heart was beating fast and he felt extremely anxious.

he tried to be fast but quiet while walking across the hallway and into the bathroom. he closed the door behind him, being careful not to make too much noise. he breathed out when he was in there safely.

he bit at his lip as he opened the cupboard with the towels in it, he took one out and put it on the floor, covering the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor, hoping to reduce the sound more.

when he felt more relaxed about his ability to be quiet, he used the bathroom and when he was done and had washed his hands, he glanced at the door and his make-shift sound proofing. he put the lid down in another attempt to be quiet as he quickly flushed it.

he held his breath, hoping they wouldn't hear it. he then grabbed the towel and threw it back in the closet, leaving the bathroom and creeping back to his room as fast as possible.

he shut the door quietly and went back to his bed, climbing in and taking a deep breath.

he spent the next ten minutes staring intensely at the door, half expecting them to come up and get mad at him.

seungmin jolted awake when he heard a loud noise, he must've fallen asleep watching his movie after he had relaxed a little more. he didn't know what time it was or what he heard but he was immediately tense and nervous.

he looked up at the door sleepily, rubbing his eye as he held his bear in his lap, trying to figure out what was happening.

his door swung open after a while and chan walked in, looking angry.

"you really thought you'd try it huh?!"

seungmin flinched as he spoke lowly but the anger was obvious in the tone of his voice, he looked at chan in confusion.

"huh?"

"making a loud noise like that to get his attention right?"

seungmin had no idea what he was talking about until chan grabbed the book from the floor.

he must've nudged it off his bed while he was sleeping, he shook his head fast, looking at it.

"no! i was sleeping! i didn't mean to-"

"bullshit! you think i'm stupid enough to believe that?! just wait until he leaves you little shit."

seungmin watched chan walk out, he didn't need to slam the door for seungmin to know he was angry, his breaths speeding up. chan must've thought he did it on purpose to blow their cover, he bit at his lip getting scared, he had never broken the rule of keeping quiet when they had someone over before, he didn't know how angry they would get or what would happen.

with other things like talking back or breaking something, he knew what to expect as a punishment, but not knowing what they intended to do now he had broken this rule made seungmin feel sick.

he sat up in his bed, the worst feeling was that he couldn't get away from it, he could only wait in silence, knowing something bad was coming, he knew they'd come and some point and they'd be mad. he felt helpless, his stomach was twisting in knots everytime he thought he heard a sound.

he moved the other things off his bed, putting his dvd player on the nightstand, he lay on his side facing the wall, hugging his bear.

"i'm in a lot of trouble." he whispered, his lower lip starting to tremble.

he looked at his bear, trying not to cry, he didn't want to get hurt, he didn't like it when they yelled at him. he felt like he would either throw up or pass out at this point, the suspense was killing him, he couldn't help but panic.

=♡=