76

chan looked up as minho came into the living room, sitting down on the couch.

"i'm so fucking cold." he mumbled.

chan hummed and looked back at the screen, resting his chin on his hand.

seungmin was sitting on the floor next to the couch, they didn't let him up on the furniture, it did make him feel like some kind of dog but he tried to just focus on the fact that he wasn't locked in his room.

it had been a few months since the incident with ilsung and it was getting more into winter time. the house was cold no matter how much they lit the fire or put heating on, seungmin had no clue what the date was, or how long he had been there, but he didn't really think about that anymore.

he sat with his knees drawn up to his chest, hugging them as he pulled the blanket from his room further around him, trying to keep warm but his hands were still freezing.

they hadn't taken him out of the house since the last time they were at the warehouse and seungmin was healing up fairly nicely, his black eye had faded away and his lip was completely healed now with a little scar on it, all the bruises on his body had gone down but the whip marks from the man's belt were taking longer to heal and seungmin was really hoping it wouldn't leave a bad scar.

he was bored but he stayed quiet. he would rather be bored in the living room than be sent to his room. resting his chin on his knees he looked out of the window into the back yard, watching the snow fall past the window.

he hadn't been in the snow in forever, he remembered snowball fights with felix, and building a snowman, but those memories were bitter sweet. he had lost all hope in felix and their friendship, he had fully believed them when they told him he hadn't even tried to pay off any of the ransom, and althought that stung like a knife in his chest, he tried to force himself not to think about it.

he couldn't pretend like he would get out of here and had something to go back to, it was all gone now, he had nothing and nobody outside of chan and minho.

he looked up at minho.

"minho?" he spoke softly.

minho didn't look up from his phone.

"what?"

"can i go outside in the snow?" he asked.

he wanted to feel the cold snow on his feet and the air giving him chills, it sounded so fun to run around and enjoy the weather.

"why would you want to do that?"

"it looks pretty, just for a little bit?"

"no."

"can i just stand at the door?"

he really really wanted to see the snow.

"didn't i just say no?"

seungmin huffed quietly and put his chin on his knees again, what was the point in letting him out of his room to just make him sit on the floor.

his butt was starting to go numb from being on the hard floor, his fingers and toes were cold and at this point being in his room and watching the snow from the window, or watching a movie in his warmer bed sounded more fun.

but the problem was that he was rarely allowed downstairs unless he was cleaning, so he felt the need to make the most of it, he didn't know when his next opportunity to sit there would be, so he felt like going to his room was wasting it.

if they had a movie on the tv it would be more entertaining, but it stayed off. they never put the tv on when seungmin was around in case a news update came on about him.

they couldn't have their work undone when felix came on for yet another plea for seungmin to come home.

chan had seen felix a few more times and texted him regularly, nothing really came of their hookup and that was a good thing. chan didn't really want anything to do with him now he got what he wanted but he needed to keep a good name so he decided to keep in contact, but let any connection they may have had fizzle out into acquaintances.

why would they need felix anyway? they could have their way with seungmin whenever they wanted, he was weak and pliable for them. obviously they didn't do it for any reason other than the powerful satisfaction they got from having seungmin submissive for them in more ways than they did before.

and sometimes it was just for the pleasure, or if they were bored, or if they were particularly stressed.

seungmin was blind to them using him the way they did, he couldn't see that they just did it for fun, or to make sure they could keep their power at a maximum over him. the thing he focused on when they used him was the feeling of being important, like he had a purpose, he felt wanted and he liked it when they focused their attention on him like that. not only was the pleasure insanely addictive, but the way it felt for them to want him was just as intoxicating.

he didn't care if they wanted him for nothing but his body, that didn't matter, the fact was they wanted him, and thats all he needed.

outside of that however, he was regularly reminded that they didn't need him or want him, if he did something wrong, said something they didn't like or he made a mistake, he would be scolded with harsh words and sometimes harsh hits and locked in his room where he was 'out of the way'.

seungmin didn't like that, he didn't like to be alone in general but sometimes he liked to be in his room more than anything, that was his space. when he was locked in there, there was no verbal or physical abuse, there were no judgemental looks or mean comments, there was no harsh criticism or anything like that, it was just him, his bed, his own belongings, his comfort item, and that was the only bit of freedom he got.

"go get sodas." chan mumbled.

seungmin snapped out of his thoughts when chan tapped his shoulder. he got up, keeping the blanket wrapped around him, nodding a little.

he left the living room and walked into the kitchen, the floor was cold on his bare feet so he went to the fridge quicker, opening it to get two sodas. he knew he wouldn't be allowed one, there was no point in even asking, he went back to the living room, giving minho one and chan the other.

as he went to sit back down there was a knock on the door, seungmin looked up, getting a little tense. minho got up quickly and walked towards the hall, seungmin stood there, staring down the hall at the front door, curious.

chan grabbed seungmin's wrist just in case, watching the door too.

"stay quiet." he mumbled.

minho opened the door and smiled a little.

"oh, hey jisung."

"hi hyung, i just wanted to know if you and channie hyung wanted to hang out maybe?"

chan looked at seungmin.

"go to your room."

seungmin whined a little before chan roughly tightened his grip, making seungmin wince. he pulled his hand away when chan let go and walked towards the stairs, pouting as he pulled the blanket further around himself.

he disappeared at the top of the stairs just as jisung walked into the living room with minho, smiling widely at chan.

"hey sungie."

"hi hyung."

seungmin closed his door as quietly as possible, going to his bed and climbing in, pulling his blanket over him and curling up under it, he wanted to be warm but he was still cold, he pulled his bear close and cuddled it.

he picked at his bear's ear, hugging it close. he wanted to stay with them, he thought about the person downstairs. why did he get treated so nicely compared to seungmin, why didn't they kidnap him instead?

=♡=