{8}

{8}

Traitors

Princess Adrianna

A few days later a cloak was gifted to me. Octavius had it commissioned. It was a light grey cloak with arm holes so I could use my hands without getting cold. The cloak was fur lined as well so I wouldn't get cold. He seemed to worry the most about that since I was small.

Within the next few days I also got permission by the council here to start working on the Moon Goddess Temple. In which I was heading to now to meet with some architects and contractors. I was also assigned a guard for my protection when Octavius couldn't be beside me. Like now, he was in a meeting so my guard was joining me on the first look at the Temple.

Thankfully I was given such a beautiful gift as it was brutal today. It was peak of the winter season here anyway.

"My Princess, the Moon Goddess Temple is off of the south east boarder," my head guard tells, Brooklyn.

"Wonderful," I respond and step into the snow hearing that fresh snow crunch.

"So, what are you looking to do with it? Tear it down?"

I laugh, "Goddess, no! I am simply repairing it so it can be used again. Obviously I wouldn't be tearing it down!"

"Just curious, a lot of members of this pack see it as a threat and have tried to tear it down in the years past."

"Why?"

"Because of you, my Princess. When they heard you were descending to earth they thought you would use the temples as beacons. Thinking this they tried to burn it down so you couldn't teleport here or something like that. They thought as long as they had on near by you'd visit it and destroy the pack. Like how a moth is drawn to a flame you'd be drawn to the temple as you know were they all are. If we didn't have a temple, you couldn't find us."

"Oh, that is quite offsetting, but if that is their theory my father has one within the pack. I'd be able to find said pack with or without a Moon Goddess Temple."

She laughs, "I mean, duh. Obviously, conspiracies are made up out of fear and trying to get other's to conform to their way of thinking."

"Who started it?"

She shakes her head. "We will never know. All I do know is the reason the Alpha has given you so many guards is because he is scared they have a large following and that they will attack you. He believes the leader of this group is within the pack."

"So a domestic threat."

She nods. "Yes, that's what we are assuming. Sadly, this is what the Alpha fears as it could be a threat to you. It could be a threat to the pack as well as there could be an uprising on our hands."

"That is not what I wanted."

"None of us do, but the Alpha will figure out a way for the pack to welcome and accept you as their Luna."

"Let's hope that works. I don't know what they'd do."

She nods sadly. "None of us do. It could be a good thing or a really bad thing."

"I was already made aware of him being overthrown or the pack trying to replace me in both choices are impossible."

"Correct you are bound to him as he is bound to this pack. Neither of you can be removed."

"But we can kill you," a gruff voice barks.

My eyes widen in alert as does the head of my guard. Swirling around we find the source of the voice. A male who is apart of my guard with other's who are also apart of my guard standing beside him.

I gulp, horrified.

Betrayed by my own guards.

"What should we do," I whisper.

"I've already alerted the Alpha, but we may need to fight until he and reinforcements arrive," Brooklyn tells.

Fuck me.

Without hesitation we both shift into our wolves. Hers was a common grey wolf and a tad bigger than I. My wolf was the color of my hair, silver platinum. This definitely confirmed to the attackers I was who they thought I was. As we shifted they followed and started to attack. Forming a circle and surrounding us. No one could leave or enter.

'Protect the Princess at all costs,' Brooklyn tells through the mind link.

They nod and form a circle around me so I was protected at all angles. Within seconds of this protective wall they sound of bones breaking and flesh being ripped is heard. May it be my protectors or the traitors, it came from all around me. It scared me, but this wasn't a time to be scared. I had to be strong and help them fight. Not for me, but for the ones protecting me. I need to show them their sacrifices weren't in vein and that I intend to stand my ground.

Hopefully Octavius arrives soon. Never did I think I'd be thinking those words and hoping for them to be true.

This wasn't the first time this group has made an appearance in the werewolf community. The Moon Goddess has always dealt with this hate group. It's popped up many times in our history as these wolves want the get rid of us. They don't want their lives predetermined and dictated by the Moon Goddess. They want to choose their own lives and own partners. They really hate when their Alpha of Death is paired with the moon heiress.

This hate group first hailed from this pack when the second Moon Goddess claimed the first Death Alpha as her mate. So it only makes sense that they hail from this pack and this side of the realm. As the light side worships her.

From behind I feel my hind leg being bit and I'm dragged through the snow. A large male wolf stands over me and tries to sink his teeth into my neck. I dodge his attack and use my hind legs to launch him across the field.

When he regains his footing we both end up charging at each other but he quickly avoids me. Digging my heels into the ground I come to a stop and turn to him. He was already right behind me and claws all the way down my back. I howl out in pain, the pain consumes me. I was weak and couldn't fight back. The wound was deep and I let out a whimper.

Lifting my head up I was expecting him to finish me off but he is bulldozed off by a large black orb. Octavius's wolf stands over him and rips into his neck.

He shifts and treads over to me and kneels with a sigh. "Gather up all the traitors and take them to separate wings in the prison. We don't need them communicate with one another. Also make sure that can't talk. I don't need them to start spreading rumors and make plans. I don't need them to conspirer and recruit more individuals into this group. I don't know if there are more traitors, but this is for the Princess's safety."

"Yes, Alpha."

"Also, take the injured members of Adrianna's guard to the hospital so their injuries can be tended to. I'll be doing the same with Adrianna."

I yelp a little when Octavius picks me up. My back was stinging in pain and the cold didn't help. I had crimson running down my fur, staining it.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner and now you are injured. I am so sorry. You just got over an injury."

'It's okay, but now we have a domestic threat to deal with. That hate group,' I tell through our mind link.

"In which I'll protect you from. I'll kill my entire pack if I have to, to keep you safe."

I can only shake my head. 'I wouldn't expect you to. We just now have to address the threat to the pack and announce the arrival of the Luna.'

He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Yes, now I have to address the once threatening Moon Princess is not only my mate, but the future Luna. Wonderful."

This is just the beginning of this uprising. They have finally shown themselves and made it known they are here and won't put up with having me as their Luna. It doesn't help Octavius and I are still trying to work on our relationship. This will only make it harder.