{30}

{30}

Recharge

Alpha Octavius

I take Adrianna by the hand and lead us out of my office. The sun was setting and I was truly exhausted from todays events. She seemed to be exhausted and overwhelmed from todays event.

I wasn't expecting my parents to be so early and truly didn't expect that attack. I'd have rather spent the day in bed with my mate than face reality. Like most newly mated pairs, they stay in bed for weeks with their mate.

Sadly, it seems we do not have that luxury. I guess because of our status in the werewolf population and the impending war on the horizon.

"We should get ready for bed. I'm going to get a shower," I tell.

Adrianna simply nods and heads to bed without showering. When I got out and dried off she was already sound asleep, but not where I expected. I would think she'd fall asleep in our bed, but she asleep on the cushioned surface of the bay window. Her head limp on her shoulder as her aura glowed dim.

"Hey, princess," I murmur softly and shake her.

Her eyes open just enough for me to see the color of them. "Yes," she mumbles, voice heavy with sleep.

"Why are you sleeping here? Aren't you uncomfortable?"

She shrugs. "Not really."

"Okay, then why are you sleeping here? Our bed is literally five feet away."

She yawns and stretches. "I have to recharge."

"Recharge," I ask, not being able to help the laugh that escaped my throat.

"Yes, recharge," she snaps. "I healed you this morning so I have to replenish my strength. The moon light gives me energy."

"You don't sleep here all the time."

"I can usually get enough energy from where the bed is positioned, but I used a lot to heal you which requires me to be in direct light to recharge enough."

"I will have the room rearranged tomorrow then."

She shakes her head. "No need to. I only need it tonight. As I stated I can usually get enough from our bed."

By now it seemed her aura was glowing brighter. I sigh and scoop her up and carry her to bed. She didn't protest, just gave in and cuddled into my body.

"You are lucky I have replenished my energy enough or else I'd be fighting you right now," Adrianna remarks.

"Yeah, I know."

I lay her down on the bed and crawl in next to her.

"So you get your energy from moon light?"

She nods. "Just like you get your energy from life energies being expelled from the dying. I get mine from the moon light. It is my power source as I am the next moon Goddess. That is where our power comes from."

Which is understandable since I am the Death Alpha, so I get mine from those who are dying. Our power sources symbolize our titles and power. I will eventually became the God of the Dead when Adrianna ascends the throne as Moon Goddess.

Just like I can't use my divine magic, because if I do it'll poison my blood stream and only Adrianna or absorbing a life force will heal me. I have both dark and white magic, like Adrianna, but I can't use said light magic. Only if I want to deal with those consequences. Unlike Adrianna she can use both types. She has used both when she was mistakenly thought to be her father's apprentice.

I brush her hair aside as it was in her face. She purrs softly and leans into my touch. I could tell by her eyes that she was drifting off to sleep. I gather her up and rest my arm on her waist and I too eventually drift off to sleep.

Princess Adrianna

The sun slowly came through the bedroom windows. Casting the shadow of the window frame onto the floor beside the bed. I stretch out my limbs and yawn. I resettle and look at the large Alpha laying beside me. He was resting on his side and his arm was thrown lazily over my waist. He looked so peaceful in his sleep and not the scary Alpha he was when he was awake. I brush the hair aside and trace some of his scars and tattoos. My eyes were fixated on the one I healed yesterday. When I went to trace that one, his eyes flew open and caught my hand. Caging my body with his, I couldn't help the squeal that left my lips.

"Luna," he purrs.

"Alpha," I respond in a playful tone. "Good morning."

"Good morning, my princess."

He dips his head and captures my lips in a toe curling kiss. My hands bury into his already messy hair. I gasp when I feel his teeth bite my bottom lip and he takes that opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. My knees squeeze at his hips when I feel his hands travel up under my shirt. It ignites my body aflame feeling his calloused palms on my smooth skin. My shirt was almost over my head when he stopped. He stands up on his knees and turns his toward the door. A low snarl leaving his throat.

I heard the knock this time. I dramatically drop my head on the pillow annoyed once again we were interrupted.

Octavius gets off the bed and stalks to the door. Opening it the beta steps in.

"This better be good, or else I will kill you," he threatens.

"Oh, Octavius we both know you would collapse under the pressure without me. Your bark is worse than your bite. Anywho, your mommy wants to have morning tea with our Luna," Levi informs.

I could feel the color drain from my face. My palms becoming a little sweaty. I rub them on my pajama pants and get up.

"Just me," I ask, nervously.

"Yes. She only requested you to have morning tea with her in the green house."

I look over at Octavius who has an unreadable mask on. I don't trust this whatsoever. I know he wants to trust his mom, but sirens are going off in my head. Only me? After last night? No, I don't think this is a good idea at all. Yet, I'll do it for Octavius and try to form a bond with his mother.