{21}

{21}

Frustration 

Alpha Octavius

When I returned to the fortress not only was Adrianna's scent missing, but so was our bond. I curse myself for leaving the fortress as she saw me leaving as a perfect time to run away. Levi, I love the man, but he is the worst at following orders such as keeping someone in the fortress. He couldn't babysit her for five minutes? Ah, this isn't Levi's fault, it is mine. I should have been more open and honest with her. She most likely left and went home to her mother's realm.

I have studied very little about her mother's realm, but I do know that in this realm there are no connections to your mate if they are to enter it. It is believed to be for the safety of the Moon Goddess so her realm can't be found and breached. So no one who threatens or challenge or wants to hurt the Goddess can enter. It untraceable, which is smart on her end.

When I head back downstairs Marco, my gamma has joined us. He sits on the couch beside Levi and they seem to be having a serious conversation.

"What is this about," I question.

Marco darts up standing from the couch. "Alpha, we have arrested more of the werewolves whom we are labeling traitors," he answers.

"What were they doing that you have arrested them?"

"It seems like they were planning an attack on two different locations. One being the fortress and the other on the Moon Goddess's temple."

"Do any of the pack members know of Adrianna absence?"

They both shake their heads.

"Good, let's keep it that way." I take a seat in a chair on the other side of the coffee table. "Have you gotten any information out of them?"

"No, we have not, but we have some interrogators working on it."

"Good, I want to know who they serve."

Whoever they serve must be powerful and have somehow flown under my radar. Who they serve is dangerous and must be found and punished for crimes against their Alpha. They have disrupted the peace in the pack. Attacked the soon to be Luna, the mate of the Alpha, and the Moon Princess. He won't only have to deal with me, but the Moon Goddess and Damon God of the Dead and King of the Moon. He shouldn't want to get on his side as he decides his treatment in the afterlife and I can already tell you it won't be good. Besides that he is conspiring to overthrow his Alpha, which is obviously a chargeable offense. I can not wait for that day since we can finally live in peace and harmony and Adrianna won't have to worry about the attacks.

It is very disappointing though that your pack turns to another leader to serve as they no longer trust you for something that is completely out of my control. I didn't chose for Adrianna to be my mate, but I am more than happy to accept her and the bond. If they were in my shoes they would want to keep their mate as they are sacred. They would just like I am. This leader has brainwashed them into thinking she is here to change our packs culture and practices and line it up to hers. Which she has already expressed that is incorrect as she doesn't want to force her beliefs onto anyone who doesn't wish for that.

I mean for Goddess sake, she even attended an execution which I know she was strongly against.

"I would like to speak to these traitors," I finally come to that conclusion.

"Are you sure about that," Marco asks.

"Why is that even a question? Of course I want to speak to them. I am the Alpha and I would like to get to the bottom of why they have turned their backs on me to serve a new leader."

This new leader is probably no leader, he is just hiding behind a computer screen. What he posts he probably wouldn't say to my face or anyone else. Hiding behind a screen makes those who are weak seem stronger as no one knows your true nature behind those white screens and black hateful words.

"Of course, of course. I will let them know you are paying them a visit."

I go to the foyer and wrap myself in my cloak, my eyes lingering on Adrianna's for a quick second before I force myself out the door. I knew the longer I stood there the more I'd want her and go to her instead of the prison where I am expected at.

By now it was the most brutal part of the season and my warriors were wearing their cloaks as well in the prison. They tip their heads in respect and one shows me to the holding cells.

I grin when I look upon the one male who is already beaten bloody. Makes my job a little easier although I wish I had the pleasure of doing it myself. Hey, never say never. I may still got that opportunity if he doesn't speak.

They tighten his restraints more into the wall as I enter and sit upon the wooden slate bed.

"Name," I state harshly.

Nothing.

"Age."

Silence.

Enraged and feeling disobeyed I rise from that bed and tower over him.

"When your Alpha asks you your fucking name and age you will respond, do you understand?"

I was getting so enraged by the silence. "Do you understand?"

I crouch down and grab him where is jaw meets his neck and force him to face my wolf.

"You will listen to your Alpha."

I drop his head and go to the cell across the hall that wasn't actually a cell but a storage closet and grab the silver rod with a sharp pointed end. When I return his eyes widen and he pushes himself against the wall trying to escape my torture.

"You didn't answer so I will force them out of you."

With the now smoldering end I stab him with it, his screams of pain echoing off the walls of the prison. Let this be a warning for my next traitors, if you do not comply you will pay. I thrust it in further loving the sound of his cries out. It was music to my ears. His oozing blood came out sizzling and boiling only adding to the pain as it rolled down his body.

"I asked you these questions! Who the fuck do you work for and how dare you attempt an assignation on my Luna. My fucking mate?"

He was breathless and tears streaming down his face as his hands that were behind his back tried to break free and relieve himself of the burning pain.

"Useless, all of you. You are such a useless male in my pack. You are a fucking pussy and shouldn't get to call yourself a male of the Death Pack because you sure as hell ain't acting like one. You are an embarrassment to the name of this pack, an embarrassment to what we are. An embarrassment to what we pride ourselves on," I spit.

I remove the rod in one quick thrust only to watch more blood ooze and bubble out. The wound was large and deep and some blood around it had dried. It will most likely be infected in a matter of minutes and I wasn't going to allow him medical attention. He lost that privilege the minute he sided with the enemy.

I hand the rod off to a guard for cleaning and head down to see my next victim. I was not going to stop until I got answers.