{17}

{17}

Time and Space

Alpha Octavius

Although I sided with my mate, she was still unhappy with me. After Racheal left Adrianna broke away from my hold and went back to what she was doing. I followed like a lost and sad puppy who just wanted her love and forgiveness.

With all the commotion going on with her this morning I didn't realize how beautiful she looked today. Her long hair was in a French braid. Her cream sweater was matched with a black mini skirt. She was taller too as she was wearing heeled mini boots.

"Can you please talk to me," I whine. "I got rid of her."

She looks over her shoulder an internal conflict dancing in her eyes. She turns her gaze back to her cooking. If looks could kill, I'd already be six feet under.

"I am giving you time and space to figure out who you want to be with," she speaks coldly.

I growl out. "What the actual fuck, Adrianna? Can't you see that I want you? That I chose you? That I love you!"

She shakes her head. "Octavius, isn't it obvious? I know that you don't. Racheal was your first love and last night it dawned on me. I know I won't make a good Luna and I'll make an even worse mate."

I turn her around and look her in the eyes. "Are you crazy? Have you lost your mind? You are going to make a fantastic Luna and mate. I fucking love you. Racheal is in the past. I guess I just wanted some kind of acceptance seeing her again. I needed closure. I realize that was foolish. I don't need her acceptance or for her to return my love from years ago. I have you! Goddess, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I've been waiting for you since I became the Death Alpha, since I was reborn. If I wanted her I could've went out and looked for her, but I didn't. I waited. I want you as my mate."

She shrugs off my hold. "This is why I'm giving you time to decide who you want. I don't want you to make a decision you will regret later in life. I won't be able to live with myself if you think you made a mistake choosing me over Racheal. I saw how you looked at her last night and basically dismissed me. You ignored me and completely forgot I was there last night. Last night was supposed to be about us, instead it blew up in my face and became about Racheal and yourself."

"What do you mean?"

"Dinner last night when you two were all over each other. That thing you considered a date is what I mean. It's all over the news. Everywhere I look you and Racheal are plastered on the front of newspapers, magazines, headlines, and breaking stories. I can't take another heartbreak, not right now. So until you make up your mind, I will be going home to my mother's realm."

"I will not allow it."

"You don't get to make that decision. I will return in two nights to either retrieve what things I have or to stay. I don't want to sway your decision making."

I growl again. "What the hell has gotten into you!"

She ignores what I have to say and continues her little spiel, "my mother will remove the bond if you decide to be with Racheal. She'll restore the bond you two once held and wipe your mind of what memory you have of me. This way you won't feel the pain of losing a mating bond. The last thing I want to do is inflict pain unpin you."

"No," I snarl. "That won't be happening, because I have already chosen you!"

Adrianna just simply slides by me and climbs the stairs to the room she was staying in last night. I hear it shut softly and click indicating she has locked it. My shoulders slump and hang.

What have I done?

This is the last thing I want. I don't want her to feel like she has competition. I don't want her to think I have feelings for another and will chose them over her. I want her to feel, to know I accept our bond and want only her, no one else. Yet, I have made her feel all those emotions with me being so smitten with Racheal last night. I want her to know she is mine and I don't need two days to come to the conclusion. I want her to be my Luna and mate. I want to spend the rest of our eternity together. There is no question about that.

And yet, she feels like I am making a mistake choosing her. That I'd be better off with Racheal as my mate and Luna, but I don't feel that way. I feel like my pack would be better with Adrianna as my mate. I can't help but wonder though, why is she feeling this way? Why is she doubting us? Is it because of her ex. Is this why she has trust issues?

Curious, I decide to investigate further.

"Levi, I am going out. Can you please keep an eye on Adrianna. If she asks where I went, just tell her I had pack business to attend to," I tell.

Levi turned his head from the living room. "Okay, but remember tomorrow is my son's marking and mating ceremony."

"I remember."

"And where are you going anyways?"

"The Death temple. I need to talk to King Damon."

"I see. I'm assuming it's about his daughter."

"Bingo."

And so I went out into the crisp cold morning and headed in the direction on the Death Temple. His temple was very similar to his counter part and wife's but it was black. Black and a deep red instead of a pure white and gold. Onyx instead of marble. No sky light overhead, instead it was lit by torches. It was very in character and eerie.

Behind me I shut the door and start for the offering table where his oversized statue sat. Kneeling I whisper and call upon King Damon for him to show himself.

He appears with a black mist forming around him, coming up from the ground and not the heavens.

The God of the Dead stands before me, a smirk on his face as he looks upon me.

"So, you have finally came to me for help," he chuckles.