{35}

{35}

Battle Cry

Princess Adrianna

When we arrive back at the fortress it was heavily guarded and here we are a week later. They don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Octavius was busy with press conferences, meetings, and visiting his mom. Sometimes I attended these events and sometimes I didn't. It really depended on the day and circumstances. But really it depended on the crowd that would be in attendance. Sometimes it was just average pack members and then there were days when the crowd contained high risk members. Those days I didn't attended. They were there looking for a fight.

Today though, was the one day he wasn't busy. No meetings and not having to move his mother in. Just us which was rare lately, even before the meetings. Yet, I'm not going to jinx that because knowing our luck something will happen.

I make my way to the kitchen where I see Octavius has set up shop at the kitchen table. He's hunched over and typing on his laptop.

"What are you working on," I ask.

"Paperwork, a lot of it," he sighs.

I cross the kitchen and sit beside him and rest my head on his shoulder.

"You are really a distraction you know that?"

I laugh at him and bat my lashes innocently at him.

"I'm doing paperwork on these rebels. I have a lot because of the incidents that occurred with you and my mother."

"Maybe you should take a break."

He laughs. "I've been putting this off for days because of these breaks." He proceeds to let out another sigh and pull me into his lap.

His kiss was hungry and hot. His lips moved in sync with mine and his hands gripped my hips hard. I grind my hips into his lap. I groan into his mouth feeling the hardness forming in his lap.

"Octavius," I murmur feeling his lips trail down my jaw and to my throat.

In the spur of the moment we couldn't hear the blaring sirens outside, but we hear them when the front doors are thrown open.

"This better be good Levi," Octavius growls. "You are always interrupting, you know?"

"Alpha, our southern borders have been invaded. They are moving in as we speak," he exclaims frantically.

"Why can't we have one day of peace, just one. That's all I ask for."

We move quickly, while many fled to the shelters the warriors ran the opposite way. Head first into the fight.

Octavius quickly grabs my hand and pulls me to him. His hands going to my face and making me look up at him.

"I need you to listen to me, Adrianna. I need you to run, hide. I need you to go with those going into the shelter. I don't want you on the battlefield," Octavius explains. "I can't lose you."

"No, I can't. This is my fault, my fight."

He rests his forehead on mine in defeat before he claims my lips in a quick and soft kiss. Like he's saying goodbye.

"In case we get separated. I love you and I am so happy I was able to spend this time with you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm so lucky to have you as my mate and my Luna. I know I am safe with you, even now as we head in battle," he confesses.

"We won't get separated and we won't die."

"Just in case I needed to get that off my chest."

I nod. "And I love you too, Octavius. But we will have many more I love yous, because we are going to live to see tomorrow. Then you can show me all the ways you love me."

And so with one last kiss we shifted into our wolves and headed south into battle.

I could hear the thunder of paws behind us. The call for battle was sounded and every able body wolf who didn't have a pup to watch over answered. Levi came up beside my white wolf and I was sandwiched with Octavius beside me in his big black wolf.

When we arrived at the southern border the small town that secured it was gone. Burned and leveled. I spied a tall sickly male on top the hill that overlooked the village and altered Octavius. He let out a low snarl finally laying his eyes on the leader of the attack. He wasn't in a wolf form and his warriors were wolf, but not. They looked too sick and yet they destroyed a whole town. A whole town wiped out in a matter a minutes.

"Where is she," the man yells.

Octavius looks down at me confused.

"You know who I am talking about. Where is my mate."

And that's when it all clicked. The female behind his my mother and my kidnapping was mated to the male behind all of this. He used his mates power and made her a pawn in his game. Now she's our prisoner and he wants her back.

"Fine, you don't want to give her to me? I'll rip your pack apart until I find her," he vows.