{24}

{24}

Return

Alpha Octavius

Day two, but it's been three nights since Adrianna has not been beside me when I close my eyes at night. Trust me, I've been losing it. I can't sleep at night and I can't think straight. Apollo keeps saying she could be in danger, but we both know she isn't. She is safe with her mother. He just wants me to go to her, but I am giving her the space she desired so much.

Maybe it is better she takes some time to herself? This is all so much for her and maybe it overwhelmed her. All these new emotions could have overwhelmed and therefore she confused her emotionally. Maybe the time away she'll be able to straighten this all out and get ahold of her emotions.

I decided to sit out the morning after ceremony. Yay! They mated, we already know. I don't even know why they need to have this ceremony. Yeah it's different when someone in power has it, but he's just the son of the Beta. Truly I didn't care if he mated or not, it isn't my business at the end of day. You'd think I'd care right now because the more mated pairs the better. The more the better outcome for mating season. Yet there won't be a successful season without the Luna, the mother of the pack.

I stretch out and head to the bathroom and once again get ready for a lonely day. This is the pain I went through since I was reborn. When I finally thought I escaped the loneliness, it comes back for me. Truly I think the lonely void and I are truly mates as it keeps coming back for me. Swallowing me up whole, consuming my every thought and every breath.

'Mate,' Apollo barks and is suddenly on all fours with his ears perked up and his snout up, pointing in her direction.

I suddenly feel a surge and the return of the mate bond as well. It was like being shocked, my body pulsing with the electricity of the bond. It literally took my breath away. Adrianna has returned. I swing open the bathroom door to witness Adrianna entering our bedroom through the balcony doors. I knew she was in her mother's realm, but this only verified it. She was wearing her Goddess attire when she entered. Not noticing I was watching her, she shut the door quietly behind her.

Adrianna let's out an alarmed shriek finally seeing me. "Gods, you scared the shit out of me," she confesses through her ragged breathing, her hand over her heart.

I stood there in absolute awe witnessing her in her Goddess attire. Coming to my senses I walk which quickly turns to running to her. I almost knock us over with the impact of my embrace. I engulf her in my arms, basking in her presence, her scent. Our bond. Goddess, did I miss her.

"Adrianna," I mumble and pull back a little.

She was in absolute shock, her eyes wide and her mouth hanging ajar. I hold her face in my hands and tilt her head and press a long kiss on her forehead.

"I have missed you so much," I confess.

She nods. "I know, that is why I have returned a little earlier than anticipated."

My wolf growls in approval.

"But, I will be staying in a separate bedroom until this is settled."

That makes us both growl in disapproval. "No, you will not."

"Octavius, let's be honest. Neither of us are ready for such a quick moving relationship. Sleeping together after our fight is going to be quite awkward and uncomfortable not only for me, but for you as well."

"Please, Adrianna. Please, stay with me. I won't touch you. This is for your protection as we are seeing a rise in domestic threats and attacks."

Her shoulders slump.

"Hold on, this isn't about sleeping arrangements. This is still about our relationship, isn't it? What are you so afraid of?"

She shakes off my hold and goes for the door and I jump in front of her. "Octavius, please."

"No. Please," I beg, I plead. "Please answer me. Please let me in, please don't push me away. Please, don't do this. Not again. I don't know if I am strong enough to go through it again."

Neither of us are strong enough to endure what we have had to in the past.

"I am not doing anything! I am giving you a little more time and space to decide, so you don't make a mistake."

"And what? Be with you? Because that's the conclusion I have come to. That is no mistake. There is no doubt in my mind about being with you. That's how I want to live out the rest of our eternity. That is how I envision us. Together."

She shakes her head. "But do you really want to? Or did someone tell you to believe that?"

"I do! I don't want to cause you anymore pain and I want you so bad."

"What do you know," she asks with an edge to each word. 

"Your father told me everything you went through with your ex."

She lets out a low snarl her eyes flickering.

"He had no right," she protests.

"I asked! Okay? I needed to know why you were doubting me and having trust issues within our relationship. Now I know why and I will never cause you that pain again. I don't want to remind you of your ex. I want nothing but to love you and I'll wait for you. Even if takes centuries for you to return that love, I'll wait. I will wait however long you require, because I love you. I always will."

My hand caresses her cheek and for a moment she leans into my touch. Our eyes meet and don't break contact, I could see her internal battle taking place. Her eyes glazing over and a low sniffle come from her. Her face was red and it was clear she was crying now. The face of a broken, clueless, and hurt female looks back at me.

"I'm sorry," she babbles. "I'm so sorry I put you through this. I don't know why I fought the mate bond. I'm sorry for the pain I have inflicted upon you. I'm sorry I doubted you and your feelings for me."

My arms curl around her as I hold her close. My one hand cradling the back of her head. For a moment we stand there in each other's arm. Her sobs and shaking eventually subside leaving a wet stain on my shirt. I didn't mind. Truly I knew she needed to get it out.

I cup her face, brushing away the last tears with my thumb. A low purr leaves her throat as she leans into my touch. I lean down and claim her lips in a soft and sincere kiss. This was nothing like our first kiss. It was more like a promise and it brought me nothing but joy and comfort when she responded. Her hands resting on my chest as she struggles to gain more. Smiling, I lean down more so she didn't have to struggle on her tippy toes.

The kiss got heated and her arms wrap around my neck as we fought for control of the kiss. I scoop my Princess up bridal style, but I never dared to break the kiss. I set her on the bed and support my body weight as I hover over her. I could faintly smell her growing arousal.

"Octavius," she moans.

I hum back at her and pull away. My wolf purrs out witnessing the sight below us. Adrianna was sprawled out below us. Her face flush, her lips a little swollen, and her hair fanned out. Her Goddess attire only adding to her unearthly beauty. I was kneeling between her legs and her one leg was propped up with her knee just grazing my hip.

I lean back down a start to peck at her lips before trailing down from her ear to her collar. My mouth lingering a little longer on the spot on her neck that will bare my mark.