{40}

{40}

The Ceremonies

Princess Adrianna

I woke up the next morning alone. Well, not alone. I had maybe two or three females I could see waiting for me. I cover myself with the blanket and look around confused.

"What's going on," I ask.

"The Alpha asked us to prepare you," one responds.

"Prepare me for what exactly?"

What is he up to and why didn't he involve me in this plan? A robe is handed to me and I quickly don it on. The women usher me to the bathroom where a warm bath is waiting for me along with many soaps and other products. My body is scrubbed until it's raw and every crevice is shaved.

When I get out my hair is dried and done in a simple style. All of the hair was pulled out of my face and the rest was curled. Two strands were left hanging in my face. My dress was white and tight fit until it reached my knees and flared slightly. Although the dress had straps it was hard to see as a sheer piece of fabric was place over my shoulders. It was asymmetrical, the front short and the back long. It had tons of little jewels sown onto the glittery fabric.

"What is going on?"

They simply giggle and attach the tear drop diamond earrings.

They then escort me out of the bedroom and down the long hallways of the fortress. Around me was a lot of warriors protecting me as I approached the throne room. I had my suspicions but I didn't want to get to far ahead of myself. I wanted confirmation of my suspicions.

Brooklyn smiles at me as she grabs the handle of one of the heavy wooden doors and opens it.

"Good luck, Luna," she whispers and elbows me playfully.

I stand in shock at the threshold of the throne room. Over head pieces of ribbon hang from the ceiling giving a draping effect and flowers wrap around the pillars. Flowers and candles lead the way to the thrones and a white rug was laid in the aisle.

Octavius stands in front of our thrones, waiting patiently. He was wearing a black suit and a white flower pinned to his jacket. On his head he wore his dark crown with onyx and rubies encrusted into it. My eyes fell to my throne in which had a gold crown with diamonds and rubies encrusted into it.

I finally find my stride and make my way up to my mate. At the stairs I pick up the front of my dress when I notice him offering his hand.

"Thank you," I say.

"Or course," he murmurs. "You look breathtaking."

"And you don't clean up bad either."

He laughs. It's a genuine laugh as he throws his head back that echos through the room.

"So this is where you were this morning? You could've told me."

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it? Your family is here too."

I look to the front row where my parents wave and my sister sits annoyed. Octavius motions my mother up and she grins and comes up the stairs. My eyes wonder to the opposite side of the aisle where his parents sit. His mom was discharged a few days ago and is looking a lot better.

"I will be officiating this mating bond," my mom announces. "I will be using the dark side of the realm's traditions to tie this bond together."

I fight my smile as our left hands are brought together. A black ribbon is produced and wrapped around our hands and tied.

"Today is the start of a new era as we bring life and death together once more. Bring Alpha Octavius of the Death pack and Crowned Princess Adrianna of the Moon together as one. I truly take pride in when a mating bond works and you two were no different. Surely you had your hardships, but you didn't give up on each other. What is a relationship if you aren't willing to fight with and for one another? In the end you fought for one another and I'm truly grateful to see that."

Octavius was smiling brightly down at me as my mother continued on with her speech.

"Today we all bear witness to this bonding and mating of an Alpha and Luna, but this is no ordinary Alpha and Luna. No, they are the leaders of the Death Pack. I now ask the Death Alpha to vow his life and love for his Luna."

"My beautiful mate, where do I start? You are fearless. So fearless, the moment I met you, you didn't fear me. No, you fought me. I knew then you were my mate and how you'd make an excellent Luna. Surely we went through many, many hardships and dark times, but we endured and made it out on top. I love you and I'm happy your my mate and Luna. I'd do this all over again if I had to. You made me work for something, fight for something. When usually everything is handed to me. I admire that about you. I vow to be your mate and love you until the end," Octavius declares.

"I love you too," I murmur.

"And now I ask for the Moon Princess to vow his life and love for her Alpha."

"Well, shit. I wish I was informed of this so I can gather my thoughts." The pack laughs and I continue, "Octavius, you were there for me every step of the way even when those steps weren't clear. You defended me from our enemies and those who sought our demise. Truly, I never feared you when I first met you, but I've come to love you. I've come to love you in the hardest of times. And Goddess knows you were persistent. I'm happy I get to spend the rest of eternity with you, even though you can be annoying. I love you. I vow to be your mate and love you until the end," I vow.

"And now you two will mark each other again as Alpha and Luna. Alpha Octavius shall go first," mom announces.

He grins brightly and pulls me tightly to him. His face nuzzles my neck, his tongue darting out and swipes across the mark. He kisses it and before I know it I feel his canines sink into the mark again. My free hand grips his bicep as he bites down. My body stills from the sudden shock as he retracts his canines and licks the blood away.

"And now I ask for the Luna to mark her mate."

"You might need to lean down some," I offer.

He shrinks slightly and I find my mark on his neck again, barley healed. I lay a soft kiss on it and his body shudders. My teeth sink into the mark again and I feel the warmth spread through my body. His hand tightens on my waist as I retract my teeth.

"I now declare you Alpha and Luna."

The ribbon is undone and Octavius moves to my throne to retrieve the crown. He sets in down upon my head and kisses me again. His soft lips move in sync with mine in a hot and hungry kiss.

"Later," mom reminds.

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my throat when Octavius huffed annoyed. He takes my hand and leads me to the dining room where a large meal was laid out and a party was set to take place. The room was decorated in a similar style but now blacks and golds were worked into the mix.

The rest of the pack followed behind us into the hall and we celebrated the rest of the day.