{39}

{39}

New Beginnings

Princess Adrianna

And so the moon set on an old era and the sun arose to a new one. The pack gathered in the Death Alpha's throne room, our thrones at upon the dais. They were made of dark marble with cushioned seats. Well, Octavius's was. Mine had a streak of white running through the dark mineral.

"I would like the thank everyone who fought beside us yesterday. I would like to thank those who lost their lives in the fight. I offer my condolences to the families who lost their loved ones in the fight. Their sacrifices were not in vein, I assure you. We were able to secure the southern boarder and contain the threat. Today we will execute those responsible for this attack," Octavius booms.

The pack roars in approval.

I turn my head and smile at my mate, truly I am proud of what we have gone through and what we've become. He notices me staring from the corner of his eye and returns it.

He stands and continues, "yet, I can't take all credit. Our pack would've probably fallen if it wasn't for our Luna and her quick thinking of marking me to revive me. Truly if it wasn't for her who knows where we'd stand today as a pack."

He offers his hand and pulls me up to stand beside him. His smile was genuine and his eyes told how proud he was of me. A gentle kiss is laid on my forehead.

"Thank you," he whispers.

I smile and shake my head. "Is the Death Alpha thanking me? Are you okay, did I bring the right male back from the dead," I tease.

He growls playfully, "I sure hope so, I'd be so uncontrollably possessive if you marked another male."

"I know."

He pulls me closer and tighter to him. "I am proud of what you have become and what we've accomplished together. Your truly made me stronger and helped me change for the better, alas I have to resort to old habits and execute these enemies."

"I wouldn't except any less. It is what this pack stands for and they signed their own death warrants when they entered our territory."

We walk down the isle and to the exit where we don on our cloaks and head to the platform erected nearby. A line winds around the platform of those who were responsible for the attack. The leader and his mate were already waiting on the platform when we arrived. I couldn't help the smirk that spread across my face finally seeing the shifter in her true form.

"Reunited at last," I sneer. "I highly doubt my father will allow you to stay together in the afterlife considering what you two partook in."

She throws me a dirty look and I can't help but laugh. They hold no power over us and that's her best response. Octavius and I climb the stairs to the top of the platform and stand off to the area designated for us.

"You don't have to watch," he tells.

"It is fine," I offer. "It doesn't make me uncomfortable anymore."

He nods his head once and removes his dagger and makes his way to the male. Levi following close behind and following his lead and slitting their throats. There is a thud as the two bodies drop in unison hitting the wooden planks. And so started the long process of the executing of the offenders. Octavius and Levi weren't the only executioners, the Gamma and a few high ranking warriors eventually joined. They came up to speed up the process as there were too many and the drugs keeping them manageable was wearing off.

It was noon by the last execution and the crowd was starting to disperse once the final body dropped. A few people came and started to clean the bodies up and dispose of them. Personally I don't know how, but they drove them away about two hours later. I watch the group of executioners walk away to a nearby well to wash their hands.

I finally feel his arm come around my waist and he guides me off the stage.

"You did better than last time, my love," he comments.

I roll my eyes and laugh. "I've had time to adapt to this life and I'm growing use to your wrath."

He grins. "My wrath?"

"You know what I mean."

"No, I don't actually," he says offended with his hand over his heart.

I roll my eyes again which results in him sweeping me off the ground and carrying me back to the fortress.

The bad times were finally behind us and we could just live now. We could finally laugh and enjoy these moments together. No longer did I have to watch my back for potential attacks.

He plops me down on our bed and frantically unties my cloak, his was long gone. His hands fumble while his lips devour mine.

"Octavius," I murmur in between breaths.

He hums in response his hands running down the front of my ribs. I feel the cold air hit my back once he unzips my dress.

"I love you," I tell.

I could feel his smile against my neck. "I love you, too."

I jump when I feel his canines drag across his mark. It sent chills down my spine, but made my core turn molten. My hands find the hem of his shirt and I pull it over his head. My hands run down his sides until I feel the fresh scars on both sides. I basically jump as if I've been burned feeling the new scars I caused.

"Adrianna," he warns softly.

"I'm so sorry I didn't listen to you yesterday. I should've went with those who were unable to fight. None of this would've happened if I just listened. You died because of me."

His thumb cups my chin and guides me to look at him. "Stop that. You saved me. You saved our pack and don't forget that. Don't you dare beat yourself up for not listening to me. If it wasn't for you who knows what would've happened. I lived because of you."

I sigh softly and nod. "Okay."

He smiles down at me and kisses me again. The rest of the night we spend it together, intertwined and in each others arms. Expressing our feelings for one another.