{22}

{22}

Realization

Alpha Octavius

It has been a day since Adrianna left and my wolf and I have been going crazy knowing she isn't home where she belongs. He was going crazy that he couldn't smell her, her scent completely vanished once she left the fortress. That we couldn't physically hold her or see her and know she is safe and not in danger. We couldn't even feel her through the mind link or the bond since she was in her mother's realm.

It was driving me mad knowing she wasn't in my grasp. That when she is in her mother's realm I couldn't even feel her bond with me. What kind of sick person does that? It's like a dead zone, no reception, no connection to my mate.

As I rose for another day without my mate beside me I got ready for the marking and mating ceremony I was expected to attend. The bed was cold on her side and her scent was gone, not even a faint scent of it. As for Apollo he was looking for any kind of opening or loophole to just feel her a little.

I already made my decision and I'll always chose her. Even if it means losing my position as Alpha, it'll always be her. I'm in this with her until the end and yet she can't understand that. I understand why she can't now due to her ex, but it still hurts. It hurts she can't trust me and it hurts she didn't tell me this bit of information about herself. I would've protected her and made sure she never felt that way again and yet here we are.

"Alpha, are you ready," a maid asks.

"Almost," I tell and straighten my suit collar.

On the way out I slid on my dress shoes and tuck my cufflinks in the inner suit jacket pocket to put on in the car. I was running late, so late.

Outside the chauffeur was waiting impatiently for me to board the car. When I got in, before I even shut the door he was off. The venue was a beautiful little building. They obviously couldn't do an outside venue as it was peak season, therefore the brutalist of the season.

Inside the venue was decorated with flowers, candles, and other appropriate decorations for this occasion. Personally I didn't care as I was alone and wishing I had my mate here beside me. I wasn't enjoying this and for anything I was jealous of Levi's son. I was miserable. I wish I was in his position right now and with Adrianna on that platform with me under that flower arch. It sucked. Sucked so bad.

"Octavius," I hear a female purr and drag her finger across my shoulder.

I look up from my drink and see Racheal.

"Racheal," I acknowledge.

"Here alone? Pity," she mentions and sits down beside me. Her hand creeping up to mine, grazing the back of my hand.

I quickly retract my hand and set it in my lap. Racheal pretends to pout, curling her bottom lip.

"Where is her Royal Highness Princess Adrianna at?"

"She had other affairs to tend to," I tell.

She is the last person who needs to know Adrianna isn't here.

"During peak ceremony season? Sounds quite unsettling to me. Must be very urgent and important. She should be here making her first official public appearance. Wait, don't tell me. She actually dumped you because she realized what a piece of shit you truly are? How fucked up you truly are? How broken you truly are with so much baggage. That you have a commit issue."

I snarl at her. "Because of you I have all these issues. I don't have a commit issue and she didn't dump me. You caused the ripple between my mate and I. Racheal, you seem to forgot I was once your mate. I know you games and how power hungry you truly are. How manipulative you are."

A rumble rolls out of her throat and her gaze was shooting daggers.

"I'm sorry, did I hit soft spot? Sensitive topic?"

Her eyes widen and change color. "Alpha, I am truly sorry, but I thought you weren't happy with Adrianna as she is your opposite. I mean she could threaten everything you have worked for and change it to her liking. Seeing how whipped you are, you'd allow her to make these changes to your pack. You'd let her walk all over you until this pack was hers. Her picture of a perfect pack."

"I'd do no such thing," I snap. "She is already embracing the traditions of my pack. She wants to be the Luna and be accepted by the pack. She has already shown interest by attending an execution."

"It's going to take more than one execution for the pack to accept her."

"It was actually two at once, but okay." I shrug.

She rolls her eyes again. "Still."

"I will not tolerate you slandering an Alpha female who isn't even your Luna. Besides, how the hell did you get back into the territory. I warned my warriors not to allow you back in."

She smiles. "That is a story for another time, Alpha."

"I should have you dragged off the property right now, but I won't. I don't want to ruin my Beta's son's day. But please do remember if I see you again I won't hesitate to have you arrested and put you on trial. I'm sure my mate would love noting more than that."

She stands up, annoyed and leaves from where we were sitting. After she left and the happy couple finally arrived they were able to start the ceremonies. I for one was ready to go home as I've had enough festivities for one day. I was planning to leave after the marking ceremony, since I didn't want to stay for the mating one. Personally I didn't care for that and it made me quite uncomfortable. I'll attend the morning after ceremony, but the mating ceremony is a little uncomfortable for my taste.

When it's my turn to have my mating ceremony I'm not going to allow anyone in the hall or by the door. They'll know by her scent and the sudden power surge in the pack bond the process has been completed. It's weird having spectators when you finally get to mate with your female. It also brings out a protective side to me as I am performing this with my mate. They'll hear us and I don't like the thought of that.