{33}

{33}

Caught In A Lie

Alpha Octavius

I returned to my office a few hours later than I intended to. Levi informed me that Adrianna went out about two hours ago, but I haven't heard from her since this morning. I don't know if I should be concerned or not.

My body was now healed and I didn't have that inky poison coursing through my veins anymore. I don't regret what I did though. It slowed down my body greatly, but I am technically a God so I can't die. Absorbing a dying life force heals me and regains my strength.

Using my magic for good isn't particularly good for me as I am the opposite and that goes against my nature. That is why this happens when I use it. Again, I don't regret what I did to save my mate. We both would've died if I didn't.

With this shifter on the lose I was on the edge. No, I wasn't scared. I was more worried about who'd they shift into next. Who'll they hurt next.

"Levi," I call through the call system.

"Yes, Alpha," he responds quickly.

"Has Adrianna returned from her outing with Brooklyn yet?"

"I believe so."

"Can you please send her my way."

"Can do."

A few minutes later Adrianna walks in. She seemed off. Like really off. I couldn't quite place it, but she wasn't acting normal. She was very out of character and I couldn't smell myself on her.

"Octavius," Adrianna basically sings.

"How was your walk," I ask.

Carefully I rummage through my drawer and grab the handcuffs on the top. Silver handcuffs. For this shifter and when they are put on the facade of my mate will melt away. It would've been nice if Adrianna informed me of her plan before hand, but I can't argue with her.

"Oh, it was good. The pack is so nice and so accepting," she tells.

"Are they, that is good to hear. Did you visit the Moon Goddess temple?"

Her eyebrows scrunch together. "No."

"Oh, you were supposed to check on the process of the restoration."

"I guess I got side tracked."

I tuck the cuffs in my back pocket and walk around to the front of my desk. I noticed now that her cloak wasn't dragging. In fact, it ended just above her ankles. Levi mentioned to me earlier that they can't change the height of the individual they are masquerading as. I was able to pick up everything he told me. No mark, no scent, no wolf. I haven't touched this impostor yet, but I can guarantee you there won't be sparks.

"I guess you did."

She was the one to approach this time. Her lips captured me and there was no spark. I reach into my back pocket and undo the cuffs quietly. Her hands were running all over my body, but they stopped on my chest. Her hands playing with the undone buttons between her fingers. Their kiss became forceful and punishing. Yet I slowly redirected her hands back up to my chest. That's when I struck. Cuffing her quickly.

I know my mate, she never makes the first move. Unless it was our first kiss, but that was different. She is insecure and fears she'll fuck up. Fears rejection.

The face melts away into an individual I've never seen before. They had light curly hair that stopped below between her shoulder blades. Their eyes were dark and their skin was sickly pale.

"Where is my mate," I growl. "And my mother."

She laughs with a careless shrug. "How would I know?"

I shake my head and remove Adrianna's cloak from her shoulders.

The shifter stares in shock. "I've notified my guards and you'll be kept under high security where you'll be monitored hourly," I tell.

She quivers. "This wasn't how it was supposed to go! I was supposed to be your mate. Your mate is going to ruin this pack. You need someone with the same ideas, morals, and hailing from the same realm," she shouts.

"I see, and are you one of the people who formed the radical group that has been going after her?"

"Not technically."

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Alpha," a voice comes from behind the door.

"Enter," I bark.

Five warriors enter, readied in combat gear and with weapons. The one grabs the shifter harshly and they start to push her out. They are met with great resistance. She thrashes and bites and lunges. Eventually they got tired of her and tranquilized her and drag her limp body out.

"Oh, by the way Alpha, your mother and the Luna are at the hospital," a warrior tells.

"Where were they found?"

"In the cells underground."

I should've figured this out. Now my Luna is once again in danger and so is my mother. Yet, I am grateful Adrianna is with my mother. She probably kept my mother safe and so I made my way to the hospital.