{23}

{23}

Investigate

Princess Adrianna

The following morning I got dressed for the day and headed out to the dining room for breakfast. I picked out a short sparkly silver dress that had a puffy and flowly skirt with spaghetti straps. I put the top of my hair in a low bun that sits lowly on the crown of my head and place my circlet on my forehead. Instead of heels I wore a simple pair of flats since I didn't want to kill my feet today.

So far only mom was at the table and she was busy looking at her books. I take my seat and scoot it next to her and look over her shoulder.

"What are you up to," I ask.

She jumps and stares at me. "You scared me! I didn't even hear you!"

"Sorry, so what are you doing?"

"Double checking and going over the mates I have paired for the new generation. Just verifying and making sure they are perfect."

"Ah."

"Making sure no one was missed and making sure they are perfect. You know, the usual."

"Is that it? Nothing else."

She shakes her head. "Yes that is it. Enough about me, how are you? What is going on with you and your mate?"

I just shrug. "Not much."

She turns so she is facing me. "Not much? Why are you here then? Why did you call out to me urgently and upset? I know something is going on. I see all, remember? I am not just your mother, but I am the Moon Goddess."

I sigh. "Fine, we got into a fight. He brought his ex home."

"What do you mean? Racheal is supposed to be dead."

I shake my head. "Well clearly not. She is very much alive. She found us in the mall the other day and started flirting with him. I objected and he didn't like that too much."

"I see. Great, now I have something else to do. Now I have to look into this case. Just great. Now I have to collaborate with your father, heavens. He is so unorganized."

"Sorry." I offer a sheepish smile.

This only interested me more. She not only lied to Octavius about being a pack member, but she isn't even suppose to be alive. Her destiny was decided years ago and some how she broke free of those bonds. How? You can't fight the fate my mother has written down for you in her book. It's literally inescapable. This furthered my interest at this mysterious female who has come in and disrupted my life. Now I want to disrupt hers and bring an end to it.

How did she escape it though. It was so interesting to me. How did she break free of it and stay hidden for so long.

"She told Octavius she was a vampire hybrid," I tell.

Mom's eyes widen. "She is no such thing! She is lying! Oh, am I going to get to the bottom of this case and when I do she is going to wish she kept to her path. Wish she would have followed her fate and stayed in line!"

I grin.

Every Goddess has their wrathful act that defines them. Although my mother already has had hers, she still loves putting those in their place if they go against her. She loves putting those in their place when they defy her. I think Dad rubbed off on her a little.

I became curious on what she exactly is then, if she lied to us she isn't vampire. What is she then? The last possibility is a witch, which could explain her escaping her fate and slipping under the radar.

Mom puts her book down and looks at me up and down. She smiles softly to herself. "My daughter, you have grown these past few weeks."

"No, I think I am still the same height as I was when I left," I tease.

Her smile was still present as she shakes her head. "Haha, very funny. I mean you have grown into a beautiful women. I mean I don't think the Death Pack or the Alpha has changed, but I think the experience has changed you. You adapted to your situation and over came it."

I nod agreeing. "I have and I am too proud of myself. I have seen the danger in the world first hand when the traitors attacked me. I have seen that anger and cruelty first hand within this pack, and truly it scared me at first. Now, it is second nature to me."

"I went through the same, but you face a new generation with a new drive and new tactics. Truly you are going through a very different pack than I did."

"I do not doubt it."

Mom did face the very same rebellion group, but not to this amount and at a different time. With the new age of technology and media it draws more attention. They have a bigger audience and more of voice on social media. They can have their voices heard from more than just a small group, but they can now reach every corner of the pack. That is a pro and a con to technology advantages. Mom faced a smaller and easier rebellion group as their voices couldn't be heard as far as that. It truly is a different time and that is what scares me.

Yet it doesn't change the fear she felt, doesn't change her experiences. It doesn't invalidate any of that. For anything it is inspiring for me to keep my head up and eventually this will all be mine.

"I think you should talk to him," she states.

"What are our fates?"

"Well daughter, you have split not only yours but Octavius's fate into a crossroad. I see in one that you return back to earth and live out your life as his mate and Luna. The other one isn't so pretty. You go back to earth and still with all his protests, you leave him. The pack has to deal with a grieving Alpha. I cannot see the rest as it hasn't been set, but I can tell you that it isn't pretty. A grieving Alpha is an angry Alpha."

"Which one do I chose?"

"I cannot see that, but we will see which one you chose when you return. It is up to you. When I say the werewolf population is counting on you this time I mean it. What I am seeing right now with him is only the surface."

I sigh, fuck.

"What are you seeing?"

"A grief stricken Alpha who's only coping method is to inflicted pain onto others."