{13}

{13}

Luna

Alpha Octavius

Adrianna sat quietly as she didn't know what the next part of this meeting was about. I didn't tell her, obviously as she is afraid to move fast and isn't sure about her position as Luna just yet. She is going to be Luna, but I know she is unaware of the packs stance on that. She also doesn't want to seem like a threat to the pack. She just wants them to accept her and luckily the people at this meeting and my trusted Beta, Gamma, and the people who promised to guard her, accept her.

Truly I don't care what they think about her, she'll be my mate and Luna one way or another. She's mine. They should be proud and happy that the Alpha now has their mate. That now the pack will grow and thrive more than ever before.

Adrianna looks at me confused. "What now," she asks softly.

"My council wants to touch on how you will become the Luna with this domestic hate group out there. We want a peaceful addition of power. We don't want to cause you any harm," I tell

She nods. "I already have showed them I am open to your traditions."

The Death Priestess smiles with a nod. "And what a wonderful first step you took. By showing them you can handle that it does indeed show you are open to our traditions. Not only that, it shows you don't want to change them or stop them all together. Some may already see you as the Luna as that may have been enough for some."

Adrianna nods. "And those who don't?"

"You must try and littler harder, show you mean no harm and that you just want to be the Luna. That you can be trusted with the pack in your hands and this isn't a mistake with them trusting you. Show them who you are, show them that you take after your father a little." She winks.

Adrianna laughs a little. "I wish that was true as I share very little with my father."

"Truly," I ask a little shocked. Every Moon Goddess has a wrathful moment, each has a little act that presents that. How else would our destinies be made without a thing or two going terribly wrong?

She nods. "My sister, Melody is more like my father," she hisses out.

"I am guessing you don't like your sister too much?"

"Nope, I hate her."

Picking up on the verbal cues, I change the subject.

"So what are we going to do about her until the pack accepts her?"

"Nothing," an advisors says with a simple shrug. "All we can do is protect her and keep up her appearances at certain events."

"I am not talking about the pack, I am talking about us, as in being mates."

Everyone looks at me strangely while Adrianna sits beside me try to hide her crimson face. Is she embarrassed or was she too thinking about what I was implying? I wanted to tease her, but that would most likely add to her discomfort.

"Oh! I didn't think of that. I don't know how we'll address that, but we will address it once we get there," the Priestess says, finally realizing what I was implying.

"Well, we better figure it out soon. I can't wait to mate and mark her until the pack is ready. That is just unreasonable."

They nod.

"And it won't help that I'll be stuck inside and by her side all the time. For anything it'll only make it harder not to perform these acts as we will be together a lot. Our relationship will only thrive in those conditions," I hint.

Adrianna gives me a side glare, not amused whatsoever by my teasing.

"So I guess this weekend we will get some stuff together because come Monday I have a full schedule. We'll pick up some clothes and whatever else you want to keep you busy all day."

"Okay."

"You can join me at some of these meetings, but some you will be expected at. Others' can choose if you would like to accompany me or not. I am not pressuring you into those ones."

Those meetings are ones I don't even want to attend as they would put me right to sleep if it was a different setting and environment. At the moment she can't attend her future Luna duties alone since I don't know how they react to her. I don't always trust my officials as they can be quite questionable sometimes. Just knowing them they will try and do or say something to Adrianna if I am not in their presence with her. They are sneaky. In which a handful of the meetings she is required to accompany me are in fact those Luna duty meetings.

In all honesty I think she would feel more comfortable with me attending these meetings with her anyways. She doesn't exactly know what she is doing yet and isn't aware of pack protocol and politics. Obviously she has never been a Luna before, so she has zero clue about what is expected of her. I feel more comfortable attending them with her, too. This would put her at ease knowing I am listening to the same meeting and back home I could explain it better. I am not expecting her to sit up and study every law and protocol of the pack. That isn't what makes a great Luna, as those who do that could turn out to be the worst Luna.

"He does have a point," Adrianna points out. "How will we hide the bond from the pack? I mean right now we can, but once he marks me the pack will know."

"So we are talking about being marked now, huh," I ask.

"Stop," she growls, but I knew how shy she was about this topic. I can't help it though, I have to tease her sometimes. "It is bound to happen."

I nod with a smile on my face. "Indeed it is."

Truly I was happy, I am happy she is coming to terms with the mate bond and accepting me. It's what I've been waiting for since I felt the bond in her holding cell. It's what I've been waiting for since my past life. My mate to finally accept me and hopefully down the road, love me. My past life it was a one sided relationship where I was giving all of the love and she just took advantage of it. Yet, I feel different about this mate bond, Adrianna declaring this before my council gives me a good feeling. That things are finally turning up and going on the right direction.

The older council gentleman and his mate sigh, "he does have a point," his mate says. "How will we hide it from the pack? I mean they'll feel something when you two mate, but it won't be a completed Luna position in the bond. Yet, when you mark her it will. We won't be able to hide it. The pack will know, they'll feel a sudden surge in power."

Her mate nods. "And as you know the longer you take to mark her the weaker the bond becomes and more males will be attracted to her. They'll see her eligible and neglected by the Alpha."

I growl quietly. "I am quite aware of what will happen. More unmated males will try and stake their claim. I know and I know we'll both become weaker the longer it takes to mark one another. But I can't wait around and allow ourselves to grow weaker while we wait for the pack to accept her. It's just impossible with the situation we are in."

They nod and Adrianna looks at the Priestess. "Is there a way to mask the mate bond or mark in the pack bond?"

"I'll have to look into that. There should be a way to build up a wall and shield the pack from knowing the Luna position has been fulfilled in the pack. Yet, your mark will obviously be physically visible unless you cover it."

"So there is a way to block the pack from knowing her taking the Luna position within the pack bond?"

She nods. "It is old magic so there is no guarantee it'll work, but knowing Adrianna is of ancient blood she'll most likely be the one successful in conjuring it."

She nods. "I have been successful in the past with conjuring old magic and spells. Hopefully with practice I'll be able to accomplish this one."

Hopefully this plan works, because it's all we got at the moment.