{9}

{9}

Taken By Surprise

Alpha Octavius

A few minutes later we arrive at the hospital. Adrianna's back was bleeding bad and was staining my clothes. I didn't mind, my only thought was getting my mate help as I could feel the pain she was in. That and getting her here before losing a significant amount of blood. That wouldn't be good since I don't even know her blood type and she could faint.

"Follow me," the nurse tells us urgently. "Get the pack doctor. The Moon Princess is injured," she tells to another nurse passing by.

Again. My wolf reminds me.

I wasn't looking forward to making a statement about today's events and addressing the pack about their new found Luna. I don't know how they'll feel about the female they were told to hate will be their Alpha Female. I mean if I can accept her as my mate the pack should accept her as the Luna.

I just hope they don't react like these traitors did and I have an uprising on my hands. I don't need to be overthrown because they don't trust my judgment on Adrianna being Luna. Most likely these traitors want to overthrow me to avoid Adrianna being their Luna.

They are probably afraid of her bringing her traditions and practices to the pack. They don't want someone from the other realm coming and being in charge. They just don't like the idea of a light side being with a pure aura running the Death Pack.

The doctor enters the room and inspects Adrianna now in her human form's back. She flinches when he touches it, making my wolf growl.

"I'm going to hook her up to an IV. In a few hours she should have enough fluids in her system so her body can heal it on its own," he tells.

"So she won't need a blood transfusion," I ask.

He shakes his head. "Correct, she has lost a significant amount of blood but she's healing quite nicely and quickly. I am not too concerned about that. I would be concerned if it scars."

If it scars, I'm going to kill the fucker.

I let out a low snarl hearing that in which Adrianna reacts quickly and starts rubbing my bicep.

"I take my leave. I hope you feel better soon, My Princess."

The door clicks shut and we are alone. I let out a deep sigh and rest my forehead on Adrianna's.

"Goddess, you scared me. I thought they had you for a moment. I thought they were going to take you," I mumble.

She shakes her head. "But they didn't. Don't worry about something that didn't happen."

"I can't help it. It could've happened! I wasn't thinking! Only if I had gotten there sooner you wouldn't be injured. If I just accompanied you none of this would've happened."

"But it did," she tells softly. "And I'm thankful it did. Yes, I got injured but we now know who some of the traitors are."

"I will never be able to forgive myself. You are now injured because of my ignorance."

She shakes her head.

"I could've lost you! They could've taken you hostage and killed you! I was trusted by your mother to be your mate. An opportunity not many Death Alpha's get and I messed it up. I literally showed why I don't deserve a mate, let alone you being my mate. I'm such an idiot for not seeing this."

Adrianna's hand comes up and makes me look at her. I was lost in her eyes, she was trying to tell me something. My eyes never left hers and my forehead rested against hers again.

I was taken back when I felt her lips on mine. I wouldn't call it a kiss, but before she could pull away, I pulled her back in. It didn't take me long to respond to the kiss and deepen it. My hands wrap around her waist being careful not to touch her injury. Her hands caress my arms and roam up and down my biceps.

Pulling away we both are breathless and I was taken aback, shocked.

"I'm sorry, I-"

I cut her off again by crashing my lips upon hers again. I pull her body flush against mine addicted to her lips, to her taste. She seemed to feel the same since her hands dug into my hair and pulled at the ends of it. Her legs wrap around my waist and I place my hands on her cheeks. The kiss was rough, raw, and demanding. Yet, it was comforting knowing this wasn't a dream, but she was safe in my arms.

I had to pull away from the kiss earlier than I wanted to, since I could feel my wolf Apollo starting to surface.

"Octavius," Adrianna says alarmed.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Your eyes," she points out.

"Fuck me," I groan.

She then points into her mouth signaling my canines have extended.

"I need a minute. Excuse me."

She nods and watches as I leave her room.

I curse myself and my wolf. I wanted her so bad and knowing what little progress we have made these past weeks has made me ecstatic. The slow process over the weeks have lead up to that kiss and now I can't control my wolf. He knows she has finally accepted us and now he wants more. So much more. He wants to complete the process even though he knows it's not safe to tell the pack yet. He's selfish.

Yet, he understand her safety comes first and he'll wait impatiently for the right time. Until then I'll most likely going everywhere with her. If I'm not available to do so then she can't do what she has to do. This is just the way it'll have to be. She'll just have to be placed under my lock and key for her own protection and safety.

A lot of Alpha's do this as they feel their Luna's are always a target and they are. That they are in constant danger. Any enemy would love to get their hands on their Luna as she is a weakness. That's why Alpha's do so for her and their own safety. Sadly it's not an enemy I'm protecting her from, but her own pack.