{28}

{28}

Parents

Princess Adrianna

"Mother, father," Octavius greets.

Before me stands an old mated couple. Octavius was a spitting image of his father down to the black hair and blue eyes. His mother on the other hand has graying brown hair with curls and soft brown eyes. Yet those brown eyes held an annoyed look to them.

She crosses her arms. "It is about time," she hisses.

"Very sorry, mother. We had an issue early. An uninvited guest if you would," Octavius informs.

Octavius leads me to the head of the table and pulls out the chair for me that is to the right of his. He takes his seat at the head. I couldn't shake the feeling of the prying eyeing staring at me. I know his mother was staring and disapproving of me. His father on the other hand seemed proud of his son, so proud.

"Who is she," she asks.

"This is my mate, Adrianna," he tells nonchalantly.

"What happen to Racheal?"

"We aren't mates anymore. Simple. I died and she rejected me, therefore the bond was severed. When I was gifted my new life, I was also gifted with a new mate."

"I liked Racheal better. You know I sent her here, right?"

"Oh, did you now and why is that?"

"Because I want my son to be happy."

"I am," he tells and rests his hand on mine. I smile a little. "Very."

His mother didn't seem convinced and shakes her head with her lips in a straight line. "And Adrianna what position did you serve in this pack before you discovered you were mates with my son?"

He looks at me with wide eyes, I could tell he didn't want me to reveal the truth. Yet I had to. I'd rather take the blow now than deal with the consequences of my lies later.

"I actually don't hail from this domain," I tell carefully.

"Oh, is that so? So why do you think you are fit to be Luna of this pack in this domain," she asks casually.

"Because I was hand chosen for him, ma'am. I am the Moon Princess. My mother paired us, she thought we were perfect for one another. The Goddess never makes mistakes, you know?"

"You're what!" She stands from her chair.

Her mate is quick to soothe her and sit her back in her chair. "That was quite the surprise," he howls out a nervous laugh.

She huffs through her nose. "Yeah, quite the surprise and yet we haven't even heard of her. She bares your mark and smells of you and yet there has been no ceremonies."

Octavius nods. "You are correct. Those ceremonies are just pageantry in my opinion. That is all. Yes, I marked and mated her without performing an official ceremony, but it is for her protection. Why must I put my life on display if I'm the Alpha? Aren't I entitled to a little privacy? Besides, my pack doesn't like her as they believe she is brainwashing me and will change the pack to her liking. Once the pack warms up to her and we know she isn't in danger then we shall have an official ceremony. Her safety is my main priority."

Octavius has expressed this before that he hates these types of things. He'd rather do them his own way instead of doing it before the pack. He hates people in his personal business and the ceremonies are a big intrusion of it. He'd much rather have our mating and marking ceremony in private, just like we did. It seems to be a protective thing on my opinion. It is much more intimate in my opinion, since there will be no prying eyes. Either way, I like it to be that way. I hate being paraded around like some kind of object.

It is frowned upon in other packs to do what we have done. Yet, the Death pack has shown they aren't like other packs. Their Alpha has shown he isn't your average cookie cutter Alpha and could care less about tradition. In other packs an Alpha not caring about tradition would be frowned upon. This pack has always struck me as weird and it has yet to let me down with that belief.

The conversation ended after that and we weren't met with the awkward silence that followed. Thankfully the beta and gamma soon joined us and brought a new topic of conversation to the table. Truly I was excited for the delicious food I could smell cooking in the kitchen. I was starving. I haven't eaten food since this morning when I left my mother's realm.

"So, Octavius," his father starts up the conversation again. "How did you two meet?"

We both look at each other awkwardly and he laughs rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, you see," he starts. "Uh- we met in a very unique way. You see the prophecy stated she was here to take my power away, well some of it. I had trackers go out and find her, so I burned down her cabin and took her as hostage. I met her when she woke up that following morning and tried to attack me."

Awkward was an understatement.

"Oh- I see. How did you feel about that, Adrianna," he asks.

I side eye my mate before laughing. "Honestly at the time I was obviously horrified. I hated your son with my entire being, but with recent events we have come to see eye to eye. Confessing our love for one another."

His mother just kept sending me dirty looks and rolling her eyes.

"I see and that is indeed the most interesting and insane way of meeting your mate."

Octavius laughs again. "Indeed, father. Indeed, but fate brought us together. It works in mysterious ways, but I wouldn't want it any other way."

We smile at one another and he rests his hand on top of mine. That furthered the rage brewing within his mother. For reasons I do not know. Maybe because she wants him to be with Racheal or someone who hails from this domain. One she believes is worthy of her son and I am clearly not in her eyes. I am not fit because of where I hail from and that makes me incapable of running a pack that is opposite of me. She believes Racheal is worthy of her son, you know the one who outed him years ago to the settlers. The very one who rejected him before his death.

Her son will not leave me because of what his mother believes in. I am now his mate and the bond is completed and she can't change it for the world. I love how pissed off I am making her and Octavius seemed to be enjoying it to. His mother seemed to be controlling and this was the one thing that was out of her control. It is driving her crazy since she doesn't have the upper hand on the reigns.

This was going to be a fun weekend.