{16}

{16}

Racheal

Alpha Octavius

"So the Moon Princess and you are mates," Racheal asks softly.

I nod with a huge grin on my face. "We are."

"Then why did she just leave?"

"She gets overwhelmed easily," I defend.

She laughs. "Funny, but correct me if I am wrong. Isn't she the next Moon Goddess and future Luna to your pack and she can't handle a little dinner? Pathetic. I'd reconsider your decision on keeping her as your mate. She could cause some serious issues with her behavior."

I shake my head. "No, I am happy being with her and she will be my Luna. No matter the likes of you or my pack. Your opinion means nothing to me."

She nods her head. "I see."

After paying the check we leave the restaurant and load into the last of the original cars in our original three left.

"How about you stay the night? It's getting dark and you said you live by the boarder. You are quite far from home," I tell. "The woods isn't safe at night."

"I'd love to, but how will your mate feel about it?"

I shrug. "I'll talk to her. She isn't this stone cold hearted female she showed you today. She's actually quite sweet and determined to be my Luna and be accepted by the pack. She is even learning about our traditions and culture. I didn't ask her to do this, but she took it upon herself and I am proud of her for doing it."

"You are whipped."

I nod with a smile on my face. "And I wouldn't want it any other way."

It is true I still have feeling for her, but you never stop caring for someone you once loved. Yet, I have found another who I want to share my life with. My past life is my past and now I've been gifted a wonderful female to live out the rest of eternity with.

"You can stay the night and I'll have breakfast made before you leave. I'll have a vehicle arranged so you can return home tomorrow morning."

When we arrive back at the fortress very late at night and I knew Adrianna will be angry at me. We sneak into the house and I show Racheal to an open bedroom which is locked to my surprise. I simply brush it off and go to the next one.

"We were instructed by the Princess not to allow Racheal into the fortress," a guard tells from behind.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but I am your Alpha and she'll be staying here for the night. What I say goes," I bark.

A bedroom is readied and once she is settled I head to my room which I find empty. Adrianna is not asleep in our bed and her bags are just thrown in front of her dresser. I sigh, I understand she needs space and I'll give it to her for just tonight. Apollo wasn't having it though. He kept me up all night, pacing worried.

'What if something happens to her,' Apollo reminds me.

'She'll be fine. She is safe within the fortress walls. She just needs space,' I advise. 'Now please, go to sleep.'

That wasn't good enough for him since he kept me up all night with his intrusive thoughts. He didn't like she wasn't beside us where he could watch and protect her. At one point he started to cry out for her, which gave me a headache. It didn't help she shut us out, since her side of the bond was completely silent.

I watched the sunrise that morning and dragged myself out of bed. I inspected my face seeing the bags now formed below my eyes. While I was annoyed and tired, Apollo was some how energetic and urged me to go downstairs.

The downstairs had a tense atmosphere to it and when I rounded the corner into the kitchen I saw why. Adrianna and Racheal were watching each other like prey.

"Good morning, ladies," I say.

Adrianna's head turns fast and her glowing eyes which indicated she was no where near pleased with me. To be completely honest, I've never seen her eyes or any wolf's eyes glow white like they are right now. She snarls lowly at me and approaches me like she was stalking prey.

"What is she doing here? I don't want this bitch in my home," she hisses out and points behind her to Racheal.

That struck me by surprise. She considers this her home?

"Excuse me," Racheal barks out offended.

"Oh, I'm sorry did I hurt your feelings? Need I remind you that you are in my home and aren't welcome. Therefore your feelings aren't cared for here." Arms crossed against her chest.

"And I am apart of your pack, therefore they do."

She grins and laughs. "You see, I did some digging and you are in fact not apart of this pack. So your are trespassing and should be seen as a threat. Not only did you lie to the Death Alpha, you entered the fortress when I instructed you not to be. You disobey me, the Moon Princess. You should be seen as and treated as an intruder."

"Actually that is my fault," I tell with caution.

She takes in a steady deep breath. "You are on thin ice, Octavius. Thin. Ice. She isn't a pack member so she just intruded into an Alpha's home. She is an intruder and a liar! Need I remind you, Octavius, I outrank you."

"But she is an old friend. Surely we can work something out?"

"Yeah and it is her getting out. I will not have my authority questioned as your future Luna and
Moon Princess or my bond as your mate put into question either. Pack members saw you two last night being all chummy! It is all over the place and it is embarrassing. The pack is questioning our bond! Questioning my legitimacy!"

And it was in that moment in her own way she confirmed she had feelings for me. Confirmed she accepted our bond. It broke me seeing what I have done and how I damaged our bond. She was hurt and I was so ignorant and ignored her feelings. I was too caught up in my own feelings to acknowledge the pain I inflicted upon her.

"I want her gone, now," she orders.

I sigh and attempt to hold her in which she steps back and out of my hold. "I promised her breakfast before she left."

"Did I stutter? I want her gone! She has entered our territory and has been masquerading as a pack member! That is against the law and a punishable offense!"

"She'll leave after I give her what I promised."

"Fine, then I'll be leaving," she tells boldly.

"No, you won't."

"Watch me," she challenges and starts to head for the foyer.

I growl out and grab her upper arms and force her into my body, holding her tightly. She isn't going anywhere. I don't want her to get hurt again, but I must make a tough decision here. I run the palm of my hand over Adrianna's hair, I sigh.

"Please leave, Racheal," I order.

"Excuse me? What happened to being a man of your word," she scoffs.

"I am remaining true to my word. My word to my mate, so please leave."

She huffs and sees herself out. I rest my chin on Adrianna's head and finally let out the breath I was holding. She seemed to relax which indicated I have made the right choice.