-𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟲

16| Nanase's Return

[Dabi p.o.v.]

i was going through a few papers when my phone suddenly rung. damnit who could be calling me this afternoon.

i reluctantly picked up the phone, holding it to my ear. "hello dabi." i heard a familiar scratchy voice rasp through the phone line.

"ah, shigaraki. what brings you here?" i mused.

"i'm just checkin' up on ya. you know, how's life now that you're livin' it like you've always wanted." shigaraki asked.

lying motherfucker.

"shigaraki get to the point. you don't give a damn about how i'm 'livin' so quit beating around the bush." i firmly ended the 'friendly' conversation.

"you've always been a rude one. ever since we were friends, but very well then." he chuckled. "you know since we were former friends, i thought i should warn you. we're coming for you, right when your back is turned and when you least expect it, that's when we'll have ya."

what's new. "look, i don't need you to warn me about anything shigaraki. i'm better off from being up under you. i've came a very long way and if you think you can get past me just the slightest bit you'll be the one fooled." i snapped back.

"there you go, always so bullheaded. you think you know everything when you don't. just know we're coming dabi, starting off with breaking off a special piece of you. y/n." and the phone line cut.

shit, another problem.

i sighed, slamming the home phone into its holster hardly. i rubbed my temple, standing up quickly. i pushed everything off my desk in anger, pacing around.

don't freak out, he's just messing with you like always.

ah yes, shigaraki and i's relationship. it was definitely one sided and toxic. no, we weren't a couple, just allies if you must.

shigaraki took me and a young girl that i helped in. he hated us at first but it was understandable. when i thought he started to like us, that's when his toxic traits started to kick in.

we became the league of villains with a few other members. we probably committed over a thousand of crimes just to get a wad of cash.

shigaraki started to send me out more and more often, doing missions by myself while everyone else gets to stay and have fun back at the hideout.

i was exhausted, committing crimes around 9 times a day. 3 hours of rest at night, little food, and worst of all shigaraki stopped respecting me as a ally.

when i requested to take a break like everyone else, i got cussed out and punched dead in the nose by shigaraki. i couldn't take it anymore. the secrets he kept from me and only shared with the gang, his selfishness, it was just a remake of endeavor. yes, shigaraki did take me in but the only reason was because i had things to offer, like my wonderful quirk.

he started using that to his advantage and since i was young, he thought i wouldn't have recognized.

i left.